Is There Romance in the Air?

Saturday, 7:00 pm.

The sun had fallen, causing a dark purple color apear across the sky. The birds who chirped and sung every morning went into their homes in the trees, waiting for the sun to rise and sing their songs.

And with all the critters in their burrows, the four roommates dressed well, all now walking towards the car.

"Shotgun!" Matt ran across the yard and ripped open the passenger seat door, throwing himself in while giggling and pointing fingers at Tord and Tom.

Which meant...

Tord and Tom had to sit next to each other. In the, ridiculously cramped, back seat.

Edd's their designated driver, and probably the only one with a drivers license. Neither of the rest could drive and get to their destination unscathed.

Tom felt like there was a gun to his head. He subtly glanced at Tord, who seemed unbothered by this. Is that a good sign? Maybe it is a good sign. At least he's not gagging or groaning by the fact he has to sit next to Tom.

...That's probably more weird than him being unbothered. He's not annoyed? Huh.

Tord was fighting a war with himself. In his heads, he wanted to run across the yard like a little girl, giggling. It took a lot to hide his excitement, clearly.

Was he nervous? Oh, yes. If it's not his blank face expression, his increasing beating heart would give him away.

Tord was the first to go into the backseat, sitting down behind Edd, who was behind the steering wheel.

Tom reluctantly followed. He had to use all of his physical and mental strength to get his legs moving. He walked around the car to sit behind Matt. (Get it? He walked AROUND the car to sit behind the passenger seat, b—because in Britain they switch the drivers and... passenger... okay yk what forget it)

Toms clammy hands grabbed onto the seatbelt and sealed himself in his seat. Was it always this cramped back here? If it wasn't for those measly 3 inches gap, Tord and Tom would be physically touching right now.

He's never had a problem with it before. Yeah, the car definitely shrunk.

Tom propped his elbow and rested his chin in his palm, looking outside his window. He couldn't even begin to think to look at that communist. Maybe this wasn't even a crush. Maybe Tom just admired Tord a lot because they're pals now! And it's a whole different perspective! That's exactly it.

Tom began to bounce his leg. Tom didn't have a crush on Tord, not his subtle strong build or his probably soft hair. Tom has never touched Tords hair before, but he bets it's really soft.

Not his... deadly silver eyes, how they sometimes change color in the lighting. If they were in a darker, cool color tint, they'd appear blue. But if they were in a warm color tint, they'd appear green.

How did Tom notice that? Answer: He didn't. He just guessed. Totally guessed.

Tom rubbed his temples with his middle and index finger. He had a big fat crush, there's no denying it. Well of course, Tom is still going to keep denying it.

Edd and Matt were lost in their own conversation up in the front seat, which changed every 5 minutes. They could never stay on one topic.

Tord was looking straight ahead, occasionally looking out his window to day dream. And, occasionally, taking the opportunities to look at Tom.

Tord wasn't a mind reader, but he knew that Tom looked clearly unhappy. The bounce in his leg, the utter silence, which for Tom, is quite unusual.

Tord poked Toms shoulder. Tom quickly turned his head.