Dad: "... fine. Only if you agree to go to therapy."

Mia: "I don't need it"

April walks next to my dad and starts talking about a skull base chordroma. She was cleared for surgery so Mer and Cristina both call her a bitch. I was just happy for her. Not everyone can move on after they lose their loved ones.

I hear clapping and I look up to see most of the hospital staff clapping for my father. I catch Jackson's sight and I run up to him as my dad walks up the stairs.

Jackson: "Hey again."

Delilah: "Hey you."

Jackson hugs me and pulls me close to his chest.

Dad: "Thank you very much. It's, uh, it's great to be back. First of all, I'd like to thank Dr. Webber got stepping up in my absence. Thank you.
I start clapping for Dr. Webber and I smile up at my dad."

Dad: "Before I say anything more, I'd like to take a quick second to acknowledge the return of my beautiful daughter. She took bullets for me to save my life and now she's back and better than ever. Welcome back, Mia. I love you, sweetheart."
My smile grows bigger as everyone starts clapping and cheering for me, Jackson is a little bit louder than everyone else.

Dad: "Uh, I'm grateful to all of you, for all of your support during my recovery.
Thank you. Uh, it's just, uh, so great to be back as Chief. I'm grateful for the, uh..."
I notice my dad looking at the scans for the skull chordoma for a moment.

Dad: "I'm sorry. That's a lie. That's what people say and, uh, the truth is... I hate being Chief. I hate it."
My eyes widen as I hear everyone start to murmur.

Dad: "Chief Webber... Chief Webber is our Chief. Um... and I'm sorry, but this giant... sorry, I gotta go look at this chordoma. I, um, I'm sorry, but... I quit."
My eyes widen more as my dad walks away with April.

Mia: "he was supposed to clear me for surgery. Now I have to go to my stupid meeting with stupid Perkins! He could've at least quit after he got me cleared." I groan and lean my head on my boyfriend's chest as I complain.

Jackson: "Come on baby. The faster you go through this meeting with Perkins, the faster you get cleared for surgery."

Mia: "I know. I just don't wanna talk about my stupid trauma or whatever."

Jackson: "Princess, your "stupid trauma or whatever" isn't stupid. You need to talk about it. I know you don't want to because you're being stubborn, but you have to."

Mia: "I hate that you take care of me."

Mia: "Baby, I care about you. I want to help you."

Mia: "I know baby, but I just wanna put it behind me."
I let out another groan when I heard my pager go off.

Mia: "Time to go talk about my stupid trauma or whatever with stupid
Perkins."

Jackson: "See you later?"