Chapter 2(6x6)

6x6: "I saw what I saw "

Mia's POV:

It's been nearly two weeks since the merger. Now most of the doctors were sitting in the hall waiting to be interviewed about today's disaster.

"How long is this gonna take?" Alex says.

"Why? Need to make a phone call?" Jackson says making Charles chuckle

Everyone goes quiet for a few seconds before Alex jumps up and a fight breaks out between the residents.

I jump up on the chair to see better as Mark, Derek and Owen try to break up the fight.

"Mia!. Get down!"  Owen ordered his mentee.  She sticks out her tongue before getting down from the chair as Webber gets out of the conference room.

" Dr. Hunt, You're up," Richard says before walking back into the conference room.

The end of Mia's POV

The third POV:

In the conference room, Hunt is sitting opposite Webber, Larry Jennings from the board and the in-house counsel.

"I need you to give me the lay of the land of your ER tonight, From the beginning," Richard says, looking at Owen seriously.

"We were slammed with a mass casualty, a hotel fire. Half-dozen burn victims, a penetrating chest wound, a firefighter with multiple traumas." Owen explains.

"What doctors are working?" Richard asks.
"Yang, Grey, Karev, Adamson, the big kid whose name I don't know, Kepner, Avery, Torres, and Little Shepherd.

"Who was the patient in question, the one who died?" Larry asks.

"Everyone, Everyone was everywhere" Owen explains.

"Alright, Who got the charts first?" Richard asks then.

"Doctor Yang" Owen says with a sigh.
---------------------------------
While Owen is in the conference room, Mia walks over to Mark and Derek.

"Why do I need to be here?" Mia asks "I was with you and the kid. I wasn't even near the patient." She continues.

"I know, Just protocol I guess," Mark says stroking her back.

"I'm supposed to get Meredith. She gets discharged tonight" Derek says looking at his watch.

"I know, she was packing her bag before all this," Mia says.

"I'll go get us some coffee/Coca-Cola bottle and tell Meredith it might take a while," Derek says before walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while Owen walks out with Webber behind him, Looking around the hallway.

"Where is Derek?" Richard asks

"He went to tell Meredith. It might take a while. She gets discharged today, Chief." Mark answer.

"Okay, Yang you're up." The chief says before walking back into the conference room with Yang right behind him.

As Christina walks in Mia gets eye contact with Jackson. She looks at him for a minute, still irritated about what he'd said earlier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback to earlier that day during the blood drive:

"This freaking place is a mace. I've gotten lost like 11 times, no joke." Jackson says, talking to Charles who's giving blood.

"I know, I lost a patient," Charles said.

"That's bad dude, How'd he die?" Jackson asks, looking at his friend.