Chapter 15 (7x1)

7x1: "With You, I'm Born Again"

One month. It's been one month since the hospital shooting. It hasn't been easy. I'm recovering bit by bit every day and I am fine.
I was walking through the halls when I felt an arm around my waist.

Mia: "Hi sweetie." I look up at my boyfriend and smile at him. Jackson and I have been doing well as a couple.

Jackson: "Hey angel. You have your meeting with Perkins today, right?"

Mia: "Yeah I do. I need him to clear me for surgery."

Jackson: "Are you sure you're okay to go into surgery, baby? You could give it a few more days or something. You don't have to dive right into it. You're still recovering."

Mia: "Babe, I need to save patients. I miss being in surgery."

Suddenly, I get a text from Mer.

Mer Bear 🐻 : "ur idiot dad was arrested again."

Me: "Are you serious?? That's the second time. Do you need me to get him?"

Mer Bear 🐻 : "No, I have him. We're walking into the hospital now. Come find me."

Mia: "I have to go yell at my dad. He thought it would be fun to get his stupid ass arrested for the second time."

Jackson: "Have fun sweetie. Good luck with Perkins."

Mia: "Don't. Anywho, see ya later. Bye!" I kiss my boyfriend goodbye then I run off to meet Mer and my dad. I find Cristina walking the halls and I stand next to her and read over her shoulder.

Mia: "I love that one."

Cristina: "Really?"

Mia: "It compliments your skin tone."

We see my dad and Mer get off the elevator.

Dad: "You said that already."

Meredith: "Oh, Derek got arrested again. Reckless endangerment."

Dad: "Meredith."

Cristina: "Did he lose his
license yet?"

Meredith: "Oh no, because they don't charge him."

Mia: "Let me guess. It's
because they worship him?"

Meredith: "Yes!"

Dad: "Because I saved some of their lives."

Meredith: "What are we picking?"

C&Mi: "Dress color."

Mia: "Cristina isn't wearing white."

Cristina: "Baby Shepherd's right. It's sexist and... vaguely racist."

Dad: "Oh."

Cristina: "No white, no veil, no rice."

Meredith: "Well, what will your mother say?"

Cristina: "No mother."

Meredith: "You know, I didn't get clear for surgery... and I'm pretty sure it's your fault."

Mia: "I'm probably not gonna get cleared considering that I'm pretty sure Perkins has my file"

Dad: "Meredith, I am the Chief. I can overrule the counselor."

Meredith: "You can?"

Dad: "Yes."

Mia: "Will you get your incredibly amazing daughter whom you love so much cleared for surgery?"