Chapter 4(6x8)

6x8: "Invest in love "

Mia's POV:
Ahh, another tiring shift at Seattle Grace Mercy West. I was paged at 4 am by Owen to help him and Callie with a girl who fell off the roof of her house and had multiple broken bones. My day hasn't even started yet and I've had three cups of coffee.

Mia: "Ugh, my day hasn't even started yet, and I'm ready for my fourth cup of coffee. I'm gonna be bouncing off the walls by this afternoon."

Callie: "You may be exhausted, but you look great."

Callie and I share a laugh as we approach Arizona.

Callie: "Hey, I brought you some coffee- oh, you already have one."

Arizona: "Oh no. I want your coffee. I need your coffee."

Mia: "I need a fifth cup of coffee."

Arizona, Callie, and I share a laugh as Owen approaches us.

Owen: "Okay, when you see Cristina, she is gonna be mad. She's gonna be mad at me for not paging her in here last night, possibly mad at you for not waking her up either, and possibly mad at you for not texting her."

Mia: "Oh, come on."

Owen: "I am handling this. Do not engage her. Do not provoke her. Simply ignore her, alright?"

Callie: "Oh, that's your plan... ignore the scalpel-hungry animal?"

Owen: "Yep, until I come up with something better."

Mia: "Good luck with that."

Then I got an idea and called Owen.

Mia: "Hey Owen, dealing with Cristina can be tricky. Just remember to stay calm, listen to her when she's ready to talk and give her space if she needs it. Sometimes, acknowledging her feelings and being patient is the best approach."

I smile when I see Jackson. I stand next to him and wait for Arizona to start.

Mia: "Hey."

Jackson: "Hey. Coffee for you."

My smile grows bigger when Jackson hands me a cup of coffee.

Jackson: I know you were up at four in the morning so I know you need it.

Mia: "Thanks, Jackie."

Jackson playfully rolls his eyes at me before throwing his arm around my shoulders as Arizona starts her rounds. I was with Jackson, Percy, Cristina, Owen, and Callie.

Arizona: "Okay, I know this is the first time on a Peds rotation with me for some of you. Not for others."

Arizona flashes me a quick smile then gives Cristina a small tight-lipped smile.

Arizona: "But I wanted you to understand that I run my Peds unit a little differently than you may be used to. This is not general surgery in miniature. These are the tiny humans. These are children. They believe in magic, and they play pretend. There is fairy dust in their bags. They hope and they cross their fingers and they make wishes. And that makes them more resilient than adults. They recover faster, they survive worse. They believe. In Peds, we have... miracles and magic. In Peds, anything is possible."

Jackson keeps his arm around me as we walk through the door of Peds.

Cristina turns towards me and silently fake gags, making me stifle a laugh. We begin our rounds on Hillary Boyd, the girl who fell off her roof.
I smile when I see another patient of ours, Wallace Anderson, dressed in mini scrubs and a mini lab coat, standing next to Hillary's bed.