Ch. 11: Just the Two of Us

Start from the beginning

'That has never happened before!' She thought, blushing.

"Gotcha! You are hungry and we are here to eat." Charlie said, bringing Emily to the patsy display case.

Emily didn't know what hungry was, but she couldn't help but fall in love with all the stuff in there.

"I-Is there a limit to how many we can get?" Emily asked, almost drooling.

"Nope! But let's just get three pastries for each of us!" Charlie said.

Emily was a bit curious, she had no idea what anything was like.

"Can I get that one? And that and that one?" Emily said, picking three pastries already.

"Sure!" Charlie said before turning to the cashier. "2 eclairs, 1 blood berry donut, 2 blackberry muffins, and 1 fudge brownie with 2 Frappuccinos!"

"A frap-a-what?" Emily asked.

Think of it like the coffee you had at the hotel but made differently. You'll love it." Charlie said with a grin.

"That'll be 26.87." The cashier demon said.

Charlie handed the cashier her credit card, making a mental note to have dad order one for Emily, along with a bank account... not that it mattered... Rich family.

After a quickly swipe and getting the six pastries for them, the cashier handed Charlie her credit card and the pastries.

"We'll call you when your drinks are ready, Ms. Princess." The cashier said.

"Thank you!" Charlie said as she and Emily walked to a table.

Charlie was thinking about all the things she had to help Emily do. She needed a new wardrobe, teach her about hell, get her a crown fitting.

'Oh this is the best and it's barely been a day!' Charlie thought as Emily grabbed one of the eclairs.

"Hmm." She hummed before sniffing it, finding it very good smelling before taking a bite.

She had no idea that something could taste so good.

"Oh... I like this." Emily said, stars appearing in her eyes.

"Right?! The human chef souls remember EVERYTHING about they cooked in life and brought recipes down with them." Charlie said, eating her fudge brownie! "Hmmm, it is so good!"

"Are you sure we're in hell? Because this is heaven." Emily said, pointing to the eclair and taking another bite.

Charlie chuckled at this as the cashier called out her name.

"Morningstar! Two frappuccinos!" She shouted.

"Coming!" Charlie shouted, finishing the fudge brownie in one bite and getting up to get the coffee.

She returned to the table with both coffees and handed one to Emily.

"Go on, I think you'll like it." Charlie said.

Emily looked at the frappuccino and it looked completely different from the coffee she had at the hotel. Especially with the pile of whipped cream and chocolate syrup drizzled on top.

She took a small sip... and her eyes widened from the explosive taste.

'It's even better than at the hotel and it's cold?' Emily thought, licking the whipped cream off her lip.

"This is coffee? But it's-"

"Cold? Coffee can be served both hot and cold, it all depends in the type of drink you order." Charlie said before drinking her own.

Emily finished her own by the time Charlie took her first sip.

'Well... this surely can't come back to bite me on the ass.' Charlie thought.

"Mmmm!" Emily moaned with a smile before finishing her eclair and sucking her fingers clean. "Let's try this one next!"

Emily grabbed the Blood Berry Donut, taking a big bite as she hums from the flavor.

"Pretty good aren't they?" Charlie asked.

"Yep!" Emily said, taking another bite.

"Yeah, I love blood berries, they're pretty good in just about anything, or just by themselves." Charlie said, drinking more of her coffee.

"We should get some after this." Emily said, finishing her donut before getting her last treat.

One of the Blackberry Muffins with a black cherry on top. Emily took a big bite, eating half the muffin and half the wrapper, and Charlie was a bit creeped out by this.

'Is this what happens when someone that's never had to eat experiences hunger for the first time?' She thought but still smiled.

"Mmmmm! If I knew food was this good, I would've eaten so much more before I...died." Emily said, quickly maintaining her cover.

"Well, you can have a much as you want and experience so much more after today." Charlie said, eating her eclair slower than Emily. "But be careful or you'll get a sugar rush and crash."

"I'm sure I'll be fine!" Emily said, smiling.

-5 Minutes Later-

Emily laid face first on the floor of the limo.

"Ugh..."Emily groaned into the limo carpet.

"I tried to warn you." Charlie said, her 12 energy drink sugar high had finally calmed down thanks to the ice coffee.

"...Worth it." Emily said, muffled by the carpet.