→ 50k One-Shot Special! ←

Comenzar desde el principio

"Okay..." He mumbles quietly, getting comfortable in your arms rather quickly. 

You carry Junior back to the gardens from which he came, and you lingered around before he bumped into you.

Truth be told, you were already here after a short period to meet with his father on an important matter that would take place in less than two hours. 

With this dilemma now taking place, the meeting has to wait. 

"Where did you last see your dad, Junior?" You ask while still carrying the child in your arms, walking around and scanning the area for signs of the Koopa King.

"I saw him talking to Kamek not that long ago..." He mumbles, his tiny eyes searching along with yours. 

"Who's Kamek?" You ask as you sit on the ledge of the stone fountain.

"He's my magical grandpa!" Junior proudly exclaims, making him bounce on your lap. 

"I didn't know the Koopa King had his father with him," you comment, setting the boy down next to you and holding his hand so he doesn't fall into the fountain. 

"He's not my papa's papa exactly, but I consider him my grandpa because he's old and wise!" 

"You don't say?" 

He nods happily. "He takes good care of us..." Junior trails off, being pulled back to what he was worrying about in the first place. "Oh, where are you, papa?!" He shouts and gets up. 

You try to calm him until a chunky lizard lays beside the child, and he nearly steps on it. Pointing out the creature to Junior immediately stops him, and curiosity fills his red eyes. 

Upon closer inspection, it's a yellow, green, and orange turtle. Sharp spikes cover his outer shell. 

Junior wants to pick it up, but you stop him for fear that he might get hurt. 

You pick the turtle instead, observe it, and grin. "Aren't you a cute little fella?" You move carefully and show the boy. 

"Wow!" He beams. "It's wearing the same colors as my papa!" Junior points out that, you see, he's right. 

You both until you hear a voice in the distance. You and Junior turn toward it and see that it's what you assume to be Kamek running toward you two. 

The small man stops and tries to catch his breath. "There you are, young master..." He pants out, lifting his head back up, and fixes himself to speak properly. "I think I know what happened with the king." Kamek lifts an empty glass potion bottle but pauses when he sees you, failing to know who you are at first glance. "Princess (F/n)," He bows. "I'm sorry; the Koopa King is missing right now and won't be able to talk to you until he reappears." 

"Hello, and yes, I'm aware." You motion to the child beside you, who holds onto the side of your puffy dress. "Junior made sure of that." 

"I'm glad you found each other—" His eyes linger on your hands as he speaks and widen when he sees the turtle you hold. "Oh..."

You glance at where he's looking at. "What's wrong?" You hold up the creature, and Kamek adjusts his glasses. 

"Sire, what have you gotten yourself to?" The man says, causing you and Junior to widen your eyes. 

"What?!" You both exclaim in sync. 

Kamek shows the bottle again. "It seems he got a little handy with my potions, and this one got onto him and turned him into that," He points out, a sly grin forming. "I have a theory about what happened, but I'd like to hear it from him."