ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝙲𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍

Cupid 403, slumped in his chair, gazed wearily at his assignment on the tab screen. The word "Pending" blinked in tiny yellow letters beneath the name "Avinash." He let out a deep exhale, his frustration palpable.

What is wrong with this guy?

Cupid 403 muttered to himself. Why is it so hard for him to fall in love? It's the easiest and most amazing thing humans can do, but not this guy, never.

For years, Cupid 403 had tirelessly attempted to make Avinash fall in love, but to no avail. Despite all his efforts, Avinash always managed to evade his traps. Cupid had even considered the possibility that Avinash preferred the same gender, but even that approach had failed.

Glancing around at the other Cupids, who had all completed over 1000 assignments, Cupid 403 felt a pang of envy. He was still stuck at 999, all because of Avinash.

Just as Cupid sighed and mindlessly stared at his tab, a summons came.

"403, report to the Big Cupid immediately," a voice called out, jolting Cupid from his reverie. Startled, he glanced around, meeting the questioning glances of his fellow Cupids. With an embarrassed chuckle, he pushed back his chair, its protesting creaks echoing against the polished floor as he made his way out of the Love department.

Passing by the other departments—Lust, Attraction—Cupid couldn't help but entertain a fleeting thought: perhaps his job would have been easier if he were stationed in one of those departments. Love and humans proved to be an intricate and perplexing combination, one that often left him feeling more than a little bewildered.

In the imposing chamber of the Big Cupid's office, 403 stood before the figure of the Big Cupid, feeling small and insignificant in comparison.

The Big Cupid, enveloped in an aura of timeless elegance and youth, perched upon a throne embellished with heart-shaped motifs and golden bows. Behind him, a majestic stained glass artwork depicted his divine form, each department represented by a vibrant hue—Love in passionate red, Attraction in soft pink, Lust in alluring purple—each color articulating the glass with a unique brilliance. His features exuded ethereal beauty, with porcelain skin and piercing blue eyes that seemed to penetrate straight into Cupid 403's soul.

You summoned me, sir? 

Cupid 403 said, trying to keep his voice steady.

The Big Cupid's gaze bore into him, radiating a sense of ancient wisdom beyond mortal comprehension. However he had a calm smile on his face as he spoke, 

403, how is your assignment been going?

Cupid 403 hung his head in shame, unable to meet the Big Cupid's eyes as he shook his head. Big Cupid sighed,

You know that you've been given countless chances, for years, to finish this assignment?

403 nodded solemnly, bracing himself for the verdict. This was it; he was either facing termination or the dreaded fate of being stripped of his mortality. With bated breath, he waited for the Big Cupid to deliver the judgment that would seal his fate.

However,

the Big Cupid continued, his voice echoing through the chamber like a melodious love song,