Ehsaas

An OS on how murtasim misunderstands Meerab when she met naurez

Meerab from the time she knew that mariyam is in love with someone else was feeling restless. She wanted to tell everything to murtasim while she was also in a dilemma whether he would understand and support his sister. No. He wouldn't. Knowing the mentality of maa begum and their orthodox nature they won't accept mariyam's love. They would question her and immediately her marriage will be fixed. She didn't wanted mariyam to have a forced marriage where she isn't happy.

As and when meerab was happy that haya got a proposal but it was short lived. The same person who wanted to marry haya cancelled it immediately and sent proposal for mariyam. What made them to change their mind in a day? Then it was crystal clear that haya did her job. She manipulated the groom, naurez, to an extent that he changed the person to whom he sent the proposal. Meerab let out a frustrated sigh. Nothing was making sense. She didn't knew till when she was zoned out but was startled when murtasim called her name.

Murtasim: meerab....meerab...

Meerab: huh??

Murtasim: kaha koyi ho. Kab se bula raha hu.

Meerab(shaking her head): nahi kahi nahi...kuch soch rahi thi.

Murtasim (raising his eyebrows): itni gehri soch kya thi

Meerab: vo mariyam ke baare mein.

Murtasim understood what she meant. They had a discussion about mariyam liking someone and he strictly said no to it. But seems like his wife is stubborn.

Murtasim: agar tumhari soch us ladka jo mariyam pasand kar rahi hai na, toh bhool jao. Koi fayda nahi hai sochke.

Meerab rolled her eyes at his blunt reply. Ofcourse they wouldn't agree. What can she even expect. She immediately strolled outside their room and went towards mariyam's room. But she wasnt there in her room. When she was about to turn she saw haya coming towards her with a smile.

Haya: mariyam maa begum ke paas hai. Rishte ke baare mein baat ho rahi hai.

Meerab: sharam naam ki koi cheez hoti hai haya shayad tum vo sab chodke ye kar rahi ho. Kisi aur ko dard mein dekhe khushi mana rahi ho. Yaad rakhna ye Khushi hamesha ke liye nahi hoga.

Haya felt insulted at her words but she wasn't the one who would give up.

Haya: kuch bhi kaho mariyam ki shaadi ho jaati hai aur murtasim... murtasim tumhari baat toh nahi maanega. Voh toh meri baat pe yakeen kuch zyada hee karta hai.

Meerab felt pain while hearing her words. It's true that he isn't accepting her words nor even listening to her patiently. But him acknowledging haya's words stabbed her. She gave a menacing look towards haya and stormed towards the hall. She saw how maa begum was making mariyam to agree for the proposal.

Mariyam: maa please ek baar meri baat toh sunle. Meri padhai ho jaye phir mein shaadi karungi. Mein mana nahi karungi.

Maa begum: mariyam naurez khud tumhe padhai karne ke liye ijaazat de raha hai. Toh isme masla kya hai shaadi ka.

Meerab: par maa begum mariyam ko abhi shaadi karna pasand nahi hai. Uski marzi ke khilaf kyu Jaa rahe ho aap.

Maa begum: jaise maine tumhari marzi suni. Meerab shaadi hogi mariyam ki aur vo bhi naurez se bas.

Mariyam sighed and went out of the hall. It was so difficult to make her understand about her situation. Meerab was about to follow mariyam when murtasim held her hand and brought her towards their room.

Meerab: haath chodo mera murtasim. Kya badtameezi hai ye.

Murtasim: kyu tang kar rahi ho maa ko.

Meerab: mein tang nahi kar rahi hoon. Mein usse samjha rahi hoon taaki kal mariyam dukh na ho.