Ishq (1)

A shot on Meerab and Murtasim in AU

A bright sunny day where a car was been guided on the streets of Hyderabad from the airport.A girl in her mid twenties was arriving to her hometown. Meerab. She was returning from UK after completing her studies. She looked outside the car to see that they have reached her house. The Khan Haveli. The place which she left 3 years back. The place which was heaven became hell after that night. She tried forgetting everything but the memories associated will never leave you to live peacefully.

She carefully stepped down from the car and looked at the haveli with a blank face. It's been 3 years but the place was same when she left. She looked around and saw workers doing their work. She saw them murmuring within them ofcourse the princess of khan's have arrived. She didn't wanted to be the centre of attraction. She hurriedly took steps towards haveli and as and when she neared the house she observed how nothing has changed. It was the same house and it's still same. Perhaps the glow has been reduced. The haveli which stood out tall seemed too dull to her eyes. This was not how it was when she left. Bhaktu bought the luggage and took it inside. There she saw her parents waqas and aneela looking at her with tears in their eyes. After all they are seeing their daughter after long time. The other side she saw maa begum looking at her with a small smile on her face. She went towards them and aneela embraced her daughter immediately. Meerab stiffened at the hug but later hesitantly wound her hands around her mother. Waqas placed his hand on her head. Meerab released herself from the hug and stood at a distance.

Maa begum: kaisi ho meerab

Meerab: zinda hoon.

Aneela(gasping): meerab.

Meerab: mein tak gayi hoon, kamre mein jaa rahi hoon. Phir baat karte hai.

Saying this meerab left inside leaving behind her baffled parents and agitated maa begum.

Maa begum (scoffing) : abhi bhi gussa khatam nahi hua hai iska.

Aneela went inside without paying any heed to her words waqas trailing behind.

Meerab entered into her room. It was same and the things which she placed was also in the same place. No additions neither anything was missing. She freshened up and thought to scroll her phone when there was a knock. Feena entered inside after getting permission.

Feena: maa begum bula rahi hai bibiji. Khana khane ke liye.

Meerab: aati hoon tum jao.

Feena left immediately and meerab draped her shawl and went towards the dining hall. Everyone were seated with maa begum at the head chair. Her father and mother at the left of head chair while mariyam at right side. She went towards them and took a seat at right side after mariyam. Mariyam smiled at meerab to which meerab gave her a small smile. They started to have the lunch when she observed that there were people missing. He wasn't there along with her too. Maybe they weren't there in the haveli at all. She shrugged and had her lunch silently.

Maa begum: Meerab after lunch we need to talk. So come to my room.

Meerab nodded her head confused. Everyone were behaving strangely with her. Something happened when she wasn't here. Sighing she completed her lunch and went towards maa begum's room. She saw her sitting on her chair and waiting for meerab.

Meerab: kya kaam hai

Maa begum: itna gussa hai mujh par abhi bhi.

Meerab: gussa apne valo se hota hai aap toh mujhe kabhi apnaya bhi nahi.

Maa begum (shaking her head): tum meri bhi beti ho. Mariyam aur...

Meerab(chuckling): jhoot mat bole. Kam se Kam yaha hum dono hai aapko natak karne ki zaroorat nahi hai.