Trust

The continuation from the scene where Murtasim asks Meerab to jump from terrace

Meerab knew how her husband was. He was insecure, possessive and jealous over the fact when she talks with other man. But she wanted to clear out that misunderstanding. She wanted to let him know that it was rohail who dragged her to his house. And meerab out of courtesy as a friend talked to him and got to know that how obsessed he was with her. She shuddered at the thought of his obsession and creepiness. Her husband who witnessed them together punched rohail and dragged her back home. He questioned her character but she knew it's his insecurity speaking. She tried to talk and mend the issue but he was adamant on returning to haveli. She accompanied him later at that night but when she woke up he was not present in their room. She searched him everywhere but then maa begum informed her that he went to attend an important meeting. Maa begum knew something was wrong with both so she scowled at her.

Maa begum: you are his wife. You need to know where he went and when will he return. Instead I see you questioning me in return.

Meerab( rolling her eyes): maa begum I am his wife and I know what responsibilities I have. Moreover you know what's happening between us so don't need to put accusations on me. You know there's no privacy in this house when it comes to the couple secrets too.

Maa begum fumed at meerab's words which indicated that meerab accused her for being nosy. Meerab sauntered to her room but then she wanted to amend everything between them. She went to mariyam to ask about her husband's favourite food. Meerab then began to cook and set up the dining table for him. She looked at the clock and found it was already late for his return. Nevertheless she knew he was stubborn and angry with her so he's delaying his return.

Murtasim entered into the haveli. He saw the time and it was 11 already. He was avoiding meerab because he knew if he says something then those words will hurt both him and meerab. He sighed and was going towards his room knowing she would be sleeping and would not face her for now. Mariyam who was awake saw Murtasim and called him.

Mariyam: Bhai, you are here so late?? Bhabhi is waiting for you from so long in the dining hall.

Murtasim (surprised): she's still awake?? And why are you awake till late night? Go to sleep mariyam.

Mariyam: i..i was about to sleep Bhai but I was thirsty and...and water was empty in the jug so I came to fill it up and there I saw meerab sitting and waiting for you. She's been in the kitchen from so long to prepare your favourite dishes Bhai.

Murtasim knew she's making it up to him. He sighed and melted by hearing about his wife's efforts but the scene of her and rohail together was floating in front of his eyes. He nodded at mariyam and went towards his wife. She was looking angelic in red with her hands under her chin and a small pout of her lips was not helping him. She had her eyes closed. He went towards her and cleared his throat. Meerab jerked up and opened her eyes to look at murtasim. He had blank expression and stood looking at her.

Murtasim (sternly): why are you up so late?

Meerab: I was waiting for you murtasim. Come have dinner.

Murtasim: no thanks. I had outside. Moreover my hunger shouldn't be your concern now.

Meerab: what do you mean by that?

Murtasim: you know what does that mean?

Meerab: no I don't. Explain yourself.

Meerab knew what he was talking about but she was adamant to show it up. She wanted him to vent out everything. Murtasim held her hands and took her to the terrace. Meerab was confused by his actions.