Valentine Special

Start from the beginning

"Daddy?" he whispered in a sleepy voice.

"Yes, baby, it's me. Now go back to sleep."

"Okay, Daddy. Veer loves Daddy." He hugged me and drifted off to sleep.

"And Daddy loves Veer." I smiled and kissed his forehead. Soon after, I also fell asleep with Veer in my arms.

Two days later, on Valentine's day.

"Kabir?" I called his name.

We were all around the table, having breakfast. I was in front of Kabir, who was sitting next to the kids. Both Veer and Kiyansh stopped eating and looked at me.

"Mmm?" he answered, with his mouth full of food.

"What day is today?"

"Tuesday." he replied in an obvious tone. "Why?"

I knew he would have forgotten about it. "Nothing. By the way, are you at home tonight?"

"I think so. If nothing comes up."

"Even if it does, can you come back home early?"

"Why?"

"I just wanted to spend the night with all of us together."

"Yes, Papa. We want to spend the night together." Veer said. Look at my kids. They're intelligent just like their Daddy.

Kabir stared at us, as if he was suspecting something, but then he just answered "Okay. I'll try to get off early. Just for today."

"Thank you. We love you." All three of us said together. We burst out laughing. Kabir gave us a strange look and got back to eat his breakfast.

"What are you guys planning on doing?" he asked us.

All three of us looked at each other and answered together "Nothing!"

Kabir narrowed his eyes and pointed his finger at us and threatened us "If you are planning anything, it better not involve anything related to ghosts, or you guys know what I'm capable of doing." Veer, Kiyansh and I couldn't do anything but nod. We all knew that he was afraid of ghosts. "Good."

After we finished breakfast, Kabir left for his duty and the three of us stayed at home to complete our plan.

Kabir's POV

Few hours later.

I was on my way back home from work, excited to see what my husband and kids planned. I knew it was Valentine related. When my most loved ones spoke together, I remembered right away what date it was. That's why I was holding three small gifts in my hand.

Once I reached the door, I saw a little red heart shaped sticky note and it said: Welcome. It looked like Veer's handwriting. I smiled and took the sticky note and put it inside my pocket while opening the door. I never thought that the kids would be getting naughty day by day while staying with their Daddy. Kiyansh was a calm child but together with Veer and Vansh he also tended to join them in their plans.

As expected the house was immersed in darkness and for a few seconds I also got worried. "Hey! Kiyansh! Veer! Vansh! Are you guys there?" Suddenly the lights turned on and the room lit up. There were roses and balloons everywhere. How long have they been planning this?

"Surprise!!!" the three of them came out of the bunch of balloons behind the couch. Kiyansh was on Vansh's shoulder and Veer was in his arms. Usually when we go for outings both of them insist on going to Vansh because he always pampers them. I personally prefer to make them walk or make them ride their cycles. But Vansh always carried them like this and I don't know until when he can manage to keep Kiyansh on his shoulder because he is quite a big boy now.