Chapter 39

Vansh's pov

Riddhima.

I looked at him, and saw his face. He wasn't even shocked by the call. Which means it's not the first time they're talking. He looked at me with an apologetic expression, and answered the phone.

"Riddhima, I'm sorry but I can't right now." he hung up the phone and looked at me.

"Why was she calling you?" I asked him.

He sighed. "I will tell you everything. But first promise me that you'll hear me out." When he said that, I was sure that I wouldn't like whatever he was going to say. I said and did nothing. I just waited for him to continue. He also stayed there and kept looking at me.

"Well?"

He sighed again. "Come. Let's sit on the couch. It's going to be a long conversation."

We went to the couch and sat down, keeping some distance.

"Okay. just let me think how I'm going to say this."

"I'm waiting." I stated with my voice void of any emotion.

He took some seconds and started to tell me the reason that girl was calling him. "As you know me and Riddhima met at the cruise." I nodded my head. "That's not true. She and I had already met before. I had to make sure if I could've trusted her with important work like that. I invited her on the cruise because I wanted her to meet you and your sister, in that way you could employ her and she could spy on you."

"WHAT?" I screamed, getting up from the sofa. Anger boiling inside me, and my heart breaking in a thousand pieces. "You did what? You sent a spy to my house to take care of my sister?" Sia. "Is my sister in any kind of danger?"

A hurt expression crossed his face. "No, I wouldn't do that. You know I wouldn't do that. I won't ever put any innocent life in danger. She's a real physiotherapist."

"No, I don't. After what I'm hearing, you are capable of doing anything." That's when it hit me. Their accidental meeting, him saving her, going on a date with her, and the tension between them when they met on the day he spent with me... the calls Angre wasn't able to track. It was all them. It was all his plan.

Anger. Betrayal. Pain. Heart break. Disappointment. Disappointment on myself, on my emotions.

"I can't believe I let myself fall for your game. I knew something wasn't right, but I always ignored that voice in my head. You know what? Some time ago, Angre said that he tracked some calls but he couldn't track down the number. And he was doubting either the police and some business rival. And you know which was the first thought that came to mind? That it can't be the police. That we already solved the case. That the investigation's Inspector is-sorry- was my boyfriend. But I should have known. I should have known that whatever was going on between us was fake. You did it because you wanted to get more information." I passed a hand through my hair, angrily. Another bell rang in my head. "I'm pretty sure you and your girlfriend had a nice laugh behind my back."

"What? My girlfriend? Do you really think that low about me?" he asked, with a hurt voice.

No. "Yes. I can't. I can't stay here. I have to go."

"No, Vansh. You have to let me finish."

"I think I've heard enough for today." I snapped. I headed toward the door. "I really believed in us. Good job. You are a very good actor." and with that, I slammed the door and went to my car.

While I was driving, all the little things that I never noticed came to my mind. I was furious. Furious with me to let myself fall for him. Furious at him. Furious because he broke my heart. And it hurts as hell.

When I arrived at the VR Mansion, I slammed my car's door, and entered, screaming.

"Riddhima! Riddhima!" Everyone came to the living room. When she came with a confused look. I neared her with my finger pointing at her. "You are fired!"

"What?!?"

"You heard me, you are fired."

"But why Bhaia?" Sia asked.

"Because I say so."

"You can't fire me like this. We have a contract."

"Well after discovering what you are, I don't really think so. You are fired."

"You can't. And if you do, I'll call the police."

"Screw you. And screw your police. And by the way, how's it going with Kabir?" After that, I didn't give anyone the time to say something, because I stormed out of the living room and went into my room. I banged my door.

Everything in my life was going okay. Everything was fine. Me. My family. With Kabir. Kabir. I was so angry at him that I didn't know what to do. To let out a little bit of anger, I started to slam the things that I kept in my room: the lamp, the pictures on the bed side table, my mirror...

After destroying every possible thing in my room, some questions came to my mind. Was really every little thing we've done fake? All the friendship crap he said, or our relationship? What about the shopping list he hung on the fridge? Asked a voice in my head. It doesn't mean anything. Said another voice. What about the wallpaper on his table? That's true. And the keys? I'm going out of my mind.

I needed something to take my head off of everything. I needed my only distraction. Basketball.

Two days later...

It had been two days, and I hadn't left VR Mansion. I didn't want to run into him. I know it wasn't possible, however you never know when two people cross roads.

I was sitting on my office's desk when she came in.

"Oh look, I was just writing your resignation letter."

"No need. I brought you my own resignation letter."

"Well, well, well. You made my work easier." I grabbed the letter she was handing me. "But I might say you two gave up quickly. I'm sure you realized that you were messing around with the wrong guy. Nevertheless, I really have to give you credit for daring to try to fool me, and thinking that I will never get to know your plan."

"You two? Who are you talking about?"

"Cut the crap, Riddhima. I'm talking about you and your boyfriend Kabir."

"Boyfriend? Kabir?" she asked, pissed off. "He's not my boyfriend."

"You still have the guts to tell me I'm wrong?"

She looked at me with a fierce look. "Yes, because you are wrong. Kabir's not my boyfriend. He is simply my employer, just like you are-were. I was assigned to do a job, which I did, and now when I am done he and I have nothing to do with each other. This is exactly what is going to happen now. You employed me, I did my work and now I'm going to resign, you and I will never meet." she said.

"You were just faking about working for me, actually you were just spying for him."

"Faking? That's what you think I've been doing the whole time? Do you think I've been faking about taking care of Sia? All the time I've spent with her or Dadi? Taking care of her medicines?" I didn't say anything. She continued. "I don't know what Kabir told you about our deal, but let's get clear on this: I'm not his girlfriend, I never faked the whole time I was here, because I found a friend like Sia and a Dadi that I never had. I never faked because that's what I always wanted to do. I studied to become a physiotherapist, and that's what I became. The spy job was just because I hadn't anything to do. I could have left this place as soon as I was informed that the police had solved the case. I should have left. But I liked being here and doing what I was. So yes I haven't faked anything."

"Do you think I believe you?" I said.

"And do you think I care? I have said the truth and I don't give a damn what you think. It's up to you now."

After saying this, she walked away and left the office.

I thought about what she said to me, and a question came to my mind: should I have listened to him? Should I have let him finish?