Chapter 32.5 (Bonus)

Vansh's pov

"Can you please stop the car?" he asked.

"What? Why? Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just that I saw an old friend of mine."

I nodded and turned the speaker on, in order to talk to Shekar.

"Shekhar, can you stop the car?"

"Yes, sir."

I shook my head. Shekhar is a father figure to me, and even though I've told him many times to call me by my name, he still calls me sir.

He stopped the car where he could and Kabir got out of the car saying that he'll be back in a few minutes.

I watched him leave, and I smiled. I leaned my head on the headrest and closed my eyes. Today was one of my best days. And it's not even finished. I was still smiling when Shekhar said "You seem happy."

"Because I'm happy." I said opening my eyes.

"I never saw you happy after what happened years ago." He was referring to when my parents died and I had to take care of my family. "He's a good man. And I think he's good for you. After all you went through when you were so young and after what happened with her, I think you deserve it. You deserve to be happy."

"Thank you, Shekhar."

"You know when your father was still with us, you used to be very talkative. you used to laugh and smile more. I'll tell you a secret, don't tell the other, otherwise they will get angry: you were and are my favorite."

I snorted at his secret.

"You are getting old Shekhar. You told the same thing to Sia yesterday, to Ishani last week."

"Those little brats. I told them to keep my secret. Lesson learned: never tell a woman your secrets."

I laughed at his antiques. After a few seconds of silence he asked "So are you two a thing?" he asked. I forgot to tell you: he's very chatty. He likes to know what is happening around him.

"No, or not yet."

He then asked a question that I wasn't expecting or maybe a question I wasn't ready to answer "Do you like him?"

I looked out the window where he was standing talking to his friend. They were laughing together. I took him in from afar. His brown hair, his eyes (which were not visible from such a distance but I know his eyes color by heart), his smile, his way of behaving, talking, laughing. He was beautiful. I sighed and leaned again my head against the headrest and reclosed my eyes. I know I still hadn't answered Shekhar's question, but I'm sure he knew my answer.

Two or three minutes later, I heard the car's door open. I opened my eyes and saw him sitting near me.

"Can we go?" asked Shekhar.

"Yes. And I'm sorry you had to wait for me."

"It's okay. So, who was he?" I asked.

"He was my college friend. After college, we lost touch and I saw him here so I thought to talk to him."

I nodded my head. 

Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!                                                                                                                      Lots of love, Maya