"Hey," Hailey said, the exhaustion starting to show in her voice.

"Tough thing to go through I'm sorry," Voight told her. "But I gotta ask why did you let McGrady drive in alone?" he asked. He was blaming Hailey for this. She was already blaming herself before this and was now blaming herself even more.

"Excuse me?" Hailey replied.

"You were supposed to be working with him" Voight replied

"I was working with him. He knew I was coming. We just got off the phone. I told him to wait for me" Hailey told him.

"While you stopped for coffee?" Voight asked.

"He was supposed to wait for me!" Hailey replied.

"But you were late," Voight said.

"That's not fair. And I wasn't late. I was 10 minutes early" Hailey told him.

"Hess dead Hailey. I don't really care about fair" Voight told her and then walked away. Hailey took a minute to collect herself before going back over to Jay.

"You ok?" Jay asked, her hands were shaking so he gave them a gentle squeeze.

"Yeah fine just tired" Hailey replied.

It was late so Voight sent them home about an hour later and told them to be back in the afternoon for paperwork.

When they got home Hailey was close to her breaking point. She wanted to shower and lay in bed with Jay. soon after they got home Jay got a text from Trudy.

T Hey I heard about what happened.

J is not good. She's saying she's fine but I can tell she not

T poor girl. Keep me updated.

"Can you shower with me? I don't wanna be alone" Hailey asked.

"Yeah of course babe. I've got you" Jay replied.

They got in the shower and Haileu began to cry. Jay held her and comforted her for 30 minutes and let her feel what she needed to feel. After 30 minutes he washed her hair and then led her out of the shower and wrapped her in a towel and kissed her head. He dried and brushed her hair and then tied it into a messy bun. They got changed and got in bed together, jay pulled her into his chest and turned on the TV for some background noise. They were able to fall asleep but Hailey had a nightmare an hour later. Jay woke up to her whimpering and thrashing around.

"Ssh your ok your safe it's not real" Jay soothed until she woke up.

She woke up and cried into his arms. He tightened his grip on her and began to rock her while whispering words of comfort in her ear. Hailey pulled away 10 minutes later.

"You want to talk about it?" Jay asked.

"No" Hailey replied. Nervously.

"Ok, that's ok. Try and get some sleep. Your safe I've got you" Jay reassured her.

Hailey had two more nightmares. The third one was around 8:30. Jay could tell something else was going on.

'What's going on babe? I can tell somethings bothering you. You can talk to me about anything I'm here for you" Jay said as he pulled her into his lap.

It took a minute but she told him everything that had happened with Voight earlier that morning. When she finished she was sobbing and squeezing his hands as hard as she could.

"Oh, Hails ssh. Baby this is not your fault none of this is your fault. Please believe that. I am so sorry you didn't deserve any of this ssh" Jay soothed.