New york Upstead

Hailey had just been caught hiding the fact that she knew Vanessa had been interacting with Reyes behind Voights back. He didn't know that the footage had been deleted yet just that Hailey knew some part of it and kept it a secret from him. He was pissed. A couple of days later they arrested Reyes. At first, they were going to use his wire to get him a deal but it didn't work out. Hailey planted drugs in the car to try to protect Vanessa. He got pulled over by patrol and the drug dogs found the drugs. Voight found out about it and was pissed.

"Good work everyone go home, Hailey my office," Voight said

"I'll wait for you," Jay told her

"Halstead you can wait in the car or I will have your badge," Voight told him.

Jay nervously walked out and started to walk back to his car.

"You wanted to see me?" Hailey asked.

Close the door" Voight told her.

"Sit down," Voight told her.

Hailey nervously sat down.

"I just heard from Becerra patrol found two keys of dope in the trap of Gael's car and she gonna use that wire to build that case it should be a slam dunk and Luis he's gonna get the one-year deal in exchange for corroborating evidence so," Voight told her

"That's great we finally caught a break" Hailey replied.

"Yeah" Voight responded.

"So this is something we're doing now, planting drugs, creating evidence?" Voight asked.

"If the product was found in his car, it was his own product," Hailey told him trying to deny that she had anything to do with this.

"And you think that makes it better? Voight asked

"Gael got off easy Luis deserved the deal," Hailey said admitting to it.

"Hailey I understand why you did it in nit stupid. Do you understand you crossed the line? Do you? Hailey the problem with crossing lines, is you cross enough that sometimes you forget where they are. You dont see them anymore" Voight told her.

"I see them just fine sarge" Hailey replied shakily.

"Ok well new yorks FBI task force is looking for a loan-out officer I just signed you up," Voight told her.

"What?" Hailey asked

"It's an assignment for a few weeks believe me they do things differently there," the lines are real clear Voight told her.

"I did the same thing you would've done" Hailey replied.

Voight stood up and threw everything off his desk as soon as she finished her sentence, effectively scaring the shit out of her. He got in her face and started yelling.

"I DONT WANT YOU TO BE ME THAT'S MY JOB YOUR JOB IS TO BE YOU" Voight yelled.

Hailey was holding back tears.

"Platts got the details flight leaves tomorrow.

Hailey went to get the information from Trudy but broke down as soon as she reached the desk.

"Woah Hailey cmere" Trudy said guiding her into a back room.

Hailey was starting to hyperventilate. Trudy pulled her into a hug and tried to calm her down.

"Ssh ssh your ok your safe it's okay just breathe for me, focus on your breathing" Trudy soothed while hugging her and rubbing her back.

Hailey calmed down a couple of minutes later.