Saved Upstead+Trudy

I got a request for Trudy and Hailey when Hailey was a kid. Mouch and Trudy are married in that one shot.

Tw for abuse

Hailey Upton had just been beaten and kicked out of her house. She was putting away the dishes and dropped and broke a bowl. Her dad went ballistic and had beat her and kicked her out. Hailey was limping down the road barely able to walk holding her school backpack. It was also almost in the negatives and she only had on slippers, a sweatshirt, and sweatpants. She didn't know where she was headed; her phone had been taken and her dad never allowed her to do anything so she didn't have boyfriends or any of her friend's addresses. She had Jay's number on a piece of paper in her pocket but didn't know where any payphones were. Trudy was patrolling the area when she saw her. She got concerned and pulled up next to her. Hailey froze. Trudy got out of her car and slowly approached her.

"Hey, are you ok? Honey what are you doing out here alone in these clothes it's freezing out" Trudy asked, as she put her hand on Hailey's shoulder.

"I'm sorry please dont hurt me" Hailey replied while jumping away and nearly collapsing onto the snowy sidewalk.

"I'm not going to hurt you sweetie im a cop. Im here to help." Trudy said while showing Hailey her badge.

Hailey looked up at Trudy once she showed her the badge. Trudy's heart skipped a beat when she saw her face.

"Oh, honey who did this to you?" Trudy asked

"M-my d-dad" Hailey replied shakily.

"Oh, I'm so sorry sweetie your safe now. I'm not going to let him hurt you. I need you to come with me. You're not in trouble but it's freezing out and you need medical attention." Trudy told her.

"O-ok" Hailey reluctantly agreed.

"What's your name honey?" Trudy asked

"Hailey" Hailey replied.

"Ok, im Trudy. How old are you?" Trudy asked

'15" Hailey replied.

Trudy helped Hailey into the car and buckled her in. she then got in the driver's seat and cranked up the heat.

"What happened honey?" Trudy asked.

"I dropped a bowl when I was putting away the dishes. My dad got mad and beat me with something and kicked me out" Hailey replied, beginning to cry.

"Oh, sweetheart im so sorry has he ever done anything like this before?" Trudy asked, Hailey, nodded.

"Ok, I just have a few more questions where did he hit you?" Trudy asked.

"Face, head, back stomach, legs, arms pretty much everywhere" Hailey replied.

"I'm so sorry honey. I just have one more question. What's your pain level.?" Trudy asked.

"I dont know my whole body is numb" Hailey replied.

This worried Trudy. She knew that was a sign of shock.

"Ok, we are going to get you to Chicago med. I will be with you the whole time. Everything is going to be ok your safe now. He can't hurt you anymore." Trudy assured her.

They got to med and Trudy carried her in. A doctor immediately ran up to them.

"What happened?" Dr. Miller asked.

"This is Hailey Upton. I found her walking down the sidewalk after her dad beat her." Trudy replied.

Dr.Miller got them into a room and Trudy set her down on the bed. He quickly took her vitals and a nurse started an iv, then did an ultrasound and checked her over. Her whole body was black and blue. He did an ultrasound on her stomach and saw that her spleen had ruptured.