Appendicitis Rhekker

Ava was seeing her last patient before going home when she noticed her stomach was starting to hurt. She just thought she was hungry so she planned on stopping for food on the way to Connors. Once she finished with her last patient and clocked out she went and got a Ceaser salad from the cafeteria and ate it on the way to Connors. Once she got there they decided to watch some Christmas movies. Halfway through the movie, Ava got extremely nauseous out of nowhere and ran to the bathroom and threw up. Connor was close behind her.

"It's ok Avey your ok just breathe" Connor soothed.

Once she was done he wiped off her face and held a cold washcloth to the back of her neck.

"Do you think you're coming down with something you dont feel warm" Connor asked while feeling her head?

"No I think my dinner not agreeing with me" Ava replied.

"What did you have?" Connor asked

"Chicken caesar salad from the fridge in the cafeteria at med" Ava responded.

"Ok, hopefully, that's all it is. Do you want to go back to the couch?" Connor asked

"Yeah" Ava replied

They went back to the couch and watched the rest of the movie. Once the movie was done they went to bed. Ava woke up at 3 am and ran to the bathroom and threw up. Connor came in and comforted her.

"Ssh it's ok your ok" Connor soothed while rubbing her back.

Once she was done he got her cleaned up and back in bed. They woke up at 8 am to their alarm and Ava still felt bad but was determined to hide it.

"Are you feeling better Ava?" Connor asked

"Yeah" Ava replied.

"Ok, what do you want to eat for breakfast?" Connor asked

"I'm not hungry thank you though," Ava replied.

"Ava you need to eat," Conor told her.

"Fine do you have e-" Ava was interrupted by both hers and Connors's pagers

"There was a major MVA with multiple victims we need to go," Connor said.

They both ran out of the apartment without eating and raced to the hospital. Multiple of the victims needed surgery so Connor and Ava were in and out of surgery all day. Ava's stomach pain was getting worse but she ignored it. Connor and Ava were both working together on their last surgery when Ava's pain got worse out of nowhere. Ava winced and Connor saw.

"You ok," Connor asked.

"Yeah I just haven't had a chance to eat today," Ava replied.

Right as they got their patient closed and ready to go to recovery Ava got an intense pain in her stomach and collapsed to the floor.

"Ava can you hear me," Connor asked

"Owww" Ava cried out.

"What hurts babe?" Connor asked

"Stomach" Ava replied.

"Ok, you're going to be ok we are going to get you help," Connor told her.

Connor picked her up and ran out of the or and towards the ED. Will saw them and ran over.

"What happened," Will asked

"She passed out in the middle of surgery. She's complained of severe abdominal pain. She threw up twice last night but we thought it was just food poisoning." Connor told him.

"Ok, Ava I'm going to push on your stomach now I apologize if I cause any pain" Will told her.

Will pushed on her appendix causing her to scream in pain.

"Ssh ssh you're ok it's ok" Connor soothed.

"I know I'm sorry Ava your appendix ruptured we need to get you to surgery right away. I'm paging Crockett." Will told her.

Will paged Crockett and they got her up into the OR and got her appendix out and washed out the area with an antibiotic wash. Crockett went and got Connor once Ava was in recovery.

"She did great she's in recovery. Unfortunately, we couldn't do it laparoscopically and had to open her abdomen because her appendix burst and we needed to do an antibiotic wash." Marcel told Connor.

"Ok thank you," Connor said.

He got to her room right as she woke up,

"Hey, Avey how are you feeling?" Connor asked.

"It hurts" Ava replied

"I know I'm sorry baby squeeze my hand," Connor told her.

"What's your pain level?" Marcel asked.

"7" Ava replied squeezing Connor's hand.

"Ok, I'm pushing pain meds," Marel told her.

Marcel pushed pain meds and waited for a couple of minutes.

"Ok, Ava since our appendix ruptured we had to open your abdomen to get your appendix out. While we were in there we did an antibiotic wash. You'll be here for a week so we can have you on IV antibiotics and monitor for infection" Marcel told her.

"Ok thank you" Ava replied

Marcel left and Connor began to run his hand through her hair.

"Try and get some sleep baby I'm here," Connor told her.

Ava slept for 3 hours before she got woken up. She had soup for dinner and fell asleep soon after. She threw up her soup an hour later and Connor talked her through it.

"Ssh your ok it's ok I've got you just let it all out ssh" Connor soothed.

Once she was done April came in with water and pushed Zofran and her first dose of antibiotics. Ava slept until she was woken up for morning rounds.

"Hey, Ava how are you feeling?" Marcel asked.

"Tired and nauseous" Ava replied. Ava and Connor spent the week talking, cuddling playing card games, and watching movies. Ava got discharged a week later and had to stay home for 2 weeks before finally being able to go back. 3 weeks after her appendix ruptured in the middle of surgery she went back to work and agreed to never ignore the symptoms of an illness ever again.

A/N what do you guys want to see? I already have a few of my own ideas written down but I need more. Comment your ideas down below if you have any.