Chapter 18: "Catch Me If You Can"

William had his hands on the bridge's railing, standing in an elegant manor gazing towards the Thames river. Sherlock quietly walked towards William as he stood by the professor, his hands on the railing. They both had their gaze at the sparkling river, not saying anything.

Finally, after a few minutes, Sherlock broke the silence.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, his eyes still fixated on the river. William shrugged, "I don't know, just the person I love is getting married tomorrow"  William sighed as he closed his eyes. "I have been thinking, if he really gets married, how would I take it? I wouldn't be able to take it I mean I love this person, but then again, do I deserve him?" Sherlock looked at William as he smile.

William dropped his head, "I was the former lord of crime, he was Britain's greatest detective, an angel and he died because of me"

"Funny enough, he is the one that doesn't deserve you" William widened his eyes as he look at Sherlock. Then he fixed his gaze back onto the river, struggling to hold his tears in. "If he really gets married tomorrow... my life would be over. I wonder how it feels to be engulf by the Thames river again, I am trying not to jump over this railing and just plunge myself into the river" William confessed.

"And he wouldn't hesitate to jump after you again" William widened his eyes as he softly chuckled and nodded. "Yes, he would" After that, they didn't talk for a few more minutes.

Suddenly, the detective hears the professor silently sobbing. "Liam" Sherlock called as he tuned to look at William, William quickly wiped his eyes as he turned to look at Sherlock. "Oh my dove... come here" Sherlock opened his arms as William wrapped his arms around the detective and sobbed against his chest. The detective wrapped his arms protectively around the professor and sighed.

"Liam, I'm not getting married" Sherlock whispered against the blonde's hair. "You're not?" William asked while crying. "I'm sorry about everything I have said that day, I didn't mean—" "I understand Sherly"

William pulled away from the hug to look at Sherlock and smiled. "I knew that you were forced into the marriage, you were blackmailed. I knew everything, I'm not dumb Sherly but.. it hurts. Your words, they hurts" Sherlock nodded as he caressed William's cheeks.

"I know my dove, it hurts me to even say those things to you, I can't imagine how hurt you must have been" William gave him a closed eyes smiled.

"I'm sorry, I'm truly truly sorry, I understand if you want some times to sort your mind but just know I am very sorry" William looked at Sherlock as he got on his tiptoes and gave Sherlock a peck.

"I have spent 23 years without you, I am absolutely not spending a day more without you over something you cannot avoid" Sherlock laughed as he pulled William in for a sweet kiss, William hummed delightfully into the kiss, as if Mother Nature is watching over them, the sky started to drizzle.

Sherlock and William pulled away and looked at the sky. "How romantic" William purred. "Mr Holmes, let's say we're on the train right now" Sherlock arched an eyebrow, interested. "Louis and I were having lunch and you interrupted us, talking about a certain person"

"Oh?" Sherlock now fully in on whatever games William is playing. "I see..  well then. After Jefferson has been caught and sent to jail, I've visited him in jail and he told me the identity of that cunning lord of crime"

Sherlock trapped William against the bridge's railing. "It turns out that the lord of crime is the person in front of me, it is you, William James Moriarty"

William smirked as he wrapped his hands around Sherlock's neck. "What if I tell you it was me, Mr Detective?"

"Then maybe, I would locked you up, question you, punish you for all of your killings" William pulled the detective in, he whispered in the detective's ear "Then come and catch me if you can, Mr Holmes"

"Huh—" William suddenly broke free from Sherlock's grasp and ran, "Oh get back here you moron!" Sherlock yelled as he ran after William, making William shrieked. "You cannot catch me!" William yelled back at him as they both ran after each other, not caring about the rain pouring down on them.

Then an idea popped up in the detective's head. He pretended to slip as he faked being in pain, making the blonde rushed back to him but then the detective tackled him to the ground. "I caught you" William smiled as he reached his head to wipe the droplets of water off his beloved detective's lips. "You sure did, my detective"

"Liam, let's run away. Far away where no one knows who I am and no one knows who you are. Let's get away from this country and make up for the countless years we have been apart"

William widened his eyes, "what about my brothers?" Sherlock slightly laughed at the question, making William confused. "I'm sorry it's just—Louis and Albert were the one who proposed this idea to me" William nodded in understanding as he laughed.

"That's very kind of them, well in that case, let's run away, Sherly"

Sherlock smiled as he leaned down and placed a kiss on the blonde's forehead. "Where would you want to go?"

The blonde shrugged. "Let's think about this later, we're still on the ground in the middle of a night—moreover, it's pouring!" "Right I seem to forget everything when I'm with you" Sherlock winked as he helped William get back on his feet.

"Sherly" "yes, my dove?" William smiled at the name. "I would love to go anywhere, you could take me to an abandoned place and I would still be happy, because I'm with you. As long as it's you, I don't mind where we go" Sherlock parted his lips in shock then he smile

Suddenly he scooped William up and carried him in bridal style. "Hey—put me down!! You're gonna drop me!!" William held onto Sherlock for dear life.

"Careful or I might purposely drop you, I'm taking you back to your house. You know your brothers are worried, they tried calling for you but you wouldn't pick up"

William looked at Sherlock blankly then he laughed. "My phone is dead" "well that's explain everything then"

Finally, I have you back in my arms and I shall never let you go again.

——————
"Until I found him" is approaching its end soon and I want to make book 2 about Sherliam life in a new country, I feel bad about how this is a Sherliam book but it only had 2 or 3 Sherliam chapters so for book 2, it will purely be Sherliam and totally no angst!