E I G H T

Haerin made her way toward Danielle's office. It was nearing 5 now by the time she had packed up and left her last lecture and walked across campus.

She debated about unblocking Danielle's number but one step at a time. Maybe being a little late and making the older woman wait wouldn't be such a bad thing.

She had already applied a light amount of makeup in the bathroom downstairs in the health science building so she knew her appearance wasn't going to be as bad as she thought.

The brunette stood in front of Danielle's frosted office windows next to the wooden door. She dreaded to think that Danielle could have a guest in with her right now.

The thought of Danielle going down or doing whatever she was doing with that blonde or some hoe, she felt her skin crawl with jealousy.

Maybe this was a bad idea, was she really going to go in there and what Danielle was going to eye fuck her and then say what they both knew.

Nothing could happen because they're student and lecturer relationship, blah blah blah. Her mind was on overdrive, she took a step back as she decided to turn around and was about to head back down toward the stairs when the door suddenly opened revealing Danielle standing with her glasses perched on her nose as she glared at the brunette.

"Going somewhere?" Danielle asked almost playfully as she could sense the horror on Haerin's face who looked at the older woman in a state of panic as she whipped her body around.

"How did you know I was here?" Haerin breathed out, gripping her shoulder bag as Danielle leaned casually by her office door.

"These windows are frosted, I see your shadow standing there for a while. I thought you might have needed some encouragement to come in," Danielle said softly almost as she stared at the brunette who bit her lip nervously.

"If you want to leave you can," Danielle said in a tone Haerin couldn't tell was pissed nor sad as she stood there.

The brunette definitely wasn't used to this side of the lecturer. The older woman was hardly flirting except for the odd looks here and there but she was cautious around Haerin and Haerin wasn't used to this side of Danielle.

Danielle stepped back into her office as she disappeared from the brunette's view.

She kept her door open letting Haerin know if she wanted to come in she was welcome but Danielle wasn't about to beg the younger woman to stay and Haerin knew for a fact Danielle was not someone who would beg or grovel for anyone's affection.

Haerin rolled her eyes and she decided to ignore the voice in her head warning her to walk down to those stairs and walk home but that wasn't the case.

She stepped into Danielle Marsh's office as the older woman was now sat behind her desk doing what Haerin could only guess what grading papers as she held a red pen as she stared down at the paper sprawled out in front of her.

Haerin cleared her throat as she closed the office door causing Danielle to look up from her work as her face softened.

The lecturer dropped her pen as she folded her fingers in front of her as she looked at the brunette who stood awkwardly by her office door.

"I didn't think you were going to stay," Danielle said casually as she gestured for her student to sit in the seat opposite her.

"Neither did I," Haerin replied cautiously as she eyed her lecturer up slowly made her way towards the vacant seat and sat down.

"So how are you, Haerin?" Danielle asked. Her tone was authoritative like her usual self, but Haerin was going to keep herself together while she and not cave under the older woman's power.