Maybe I only want Beca

Chloe spent the rest of the week navigating her newfound interest in the girl from the restaurant. They exchanged messages and decided to meet up for coffee after Chloe's work on Thursday. The conversations were pleasant, and Chloe found herself genuinely enjoying the company of someone new. However, in the back of her mind, there was a lingering unease about her growing distance from Beca.As Friday approached, Chloe couldn't shake the feeling that Beca was deliberately avoiding her. Texts were replied to with brief and curt messages, and when Chloe tried to make plans for their usual Friday evening hangout, Beca seemed elusive. The contrast between the previous week's easy camaraderie and the current strained communication left Chloe feeling a bit disoriented.On Friday evening, Chloe found herself alone in her apartment, debating whether to reach out to Beca or give her some space. She knew they had agreed to see each other on Fridays, but things seemed different now. The sound of her phone buzzing pulled her from her thoughts. It was a message from Beca."Can't make it tonight. Busy with work. Rain check?"Chloe sighed, feeling a mix of disappointment and confusion. "Sure, no problem. Just let me know when you're free."As Chloe sat on her couch, she couldn't help but wonder if her connection with the girl from the restaurant was causing this sudden shift in Beca's behavior. She decided to focus on her own feelings and concerns, contemplating whether she should address the situation with Beca directly.Over the next few days, Chloe continued to spend time with the new girl, enjoying their budding connection. However, a persistent worry about her friendship with Beca lingered. She missed the easy banter, the shared laughter, and the comfort that came with their closeness.One evening, as Chloe and the new girl were having dinner, Beca's name came up in conversation. Chloe couldn't contain her curiosity and concern any longer."You know, Beca and I are really close. Best friends, actually," Chloe confessed, a hint of vulnerability in her voice.The new girl smiled, understanding the significance of such a friendship. "I think it's great that you have such a strong connection. I wouldn't want to come between that."Chloe nodded, appreciating the understanding. However, as the night wore on, Chloe found herself questioning the cost of this newfound connection. The excitement of a potential romance with the new girl was overshadowed by the growing void left by Beca's absence.The following day, Chloe decided to have an honest conversation with Beca. She called her, hoping to address the unspoken tension and figure out what was happening between them."Beca, we need to talk," Chloe began, her voice steady but laced with concern.Beca hesitated on the other end of the line before finally responding, "Yeah, Chloe, we do."