3 Its more then a crush

ARIZONA

I cannot believe that just happened, we fell asleep together. I'm so happy I cheered her up, it hurt so much to see her cry.

I push open the scrub room door, I'm about to scrub when I realize what's going on in the OR, I scrub fast and run in.

"What the hell happened?" I say.

"I was in the middle of her C section when she started bleeding everywhere." Austin says while his hands elbow deep into the women's uterus.

"Why did you open he up and why didn't you page me?" I say while taking over for him.

"I did about 10 times, you didn't answer." he yells at me. "I had to open her up, the baby wasn't getting enough oxygen." his voice is calmer now.

"No you did a good job, this isn't your fault." I say Reassuring him. "Good job Myers"

I manage to control the bleeding and get the baby out safely, his breathing is shallow but overall he's ok.

AMELIA

"Sure Maggie, sure." I say laughing hysterically. "Hey he was flirting." Maggie says defensively. "I don't think the coffee cart guy putting a heart on the I of your name counts as flirting." Meredith teases.

"Whatever." Maggie laughs.

"So Amelia." Meredith says.

"Yeah?" I respond. "Me and Maggie were talking, and we wanna set you up." she says. I laugh "Yeah, go ahead with that." 

"We're serious." Maggie says. "You haven't been in a real relationship since Kai."

"I have!" I say defending myself. "One night stands don't count." Meredith grins.

"Well, there is someone I like." I say while getting up. Meredith and Maggie look at each other and both say. "Who?"

I sit back down. "No one you know." I say answering them.

"So they work here." Maggie smiles. "Wait is it Owen." Merediths eyes go wide.

"Ew, no. that's a period in my life that I'd like to forget." I say quickly. "mhm sure, well I have surgery." she says getting up and leaving.

"I gotta go too, bye Maggie." I say as the door closes. "bye." she responds.

Arizonas updating charts when I walk over to her.

"Hey." she says. "Hi." I say back smiling.

"So I was wondering, wanna come over to my place tonight?" she ask.

My heart skips a beat, did she just ask me out? On a date? I panic and respond with "What, why."

"Well we're friends right? Friend hang out." She smiles.

My heart sinks, we're friends, nothing more why the fuck did I think she liked me.

I laugh "yes, of course."

"Ok great." she says while walking away.

ARIZONA

Omg why did I just do that. She probably thought I was asking her out, I really hope I didn't ruin our friendship.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Hiii." Amelia says while getting into my car.

I smile. "Hey."

I start driving, we don't talk that much other then a few comments on work.

I turn the key of my apartment and we step in.

"Your apartment is so cozy" Amelia says while hanging her jacket up.

"Thanks I say laughing. I lead her to my kitchen and she sits on a barstool.

"So, what are we feeling, Chinese or pizza?" I ask. "Pizza for sure." she says back. She's so beautiful, and perfect.

later we're sitting on my couch eating pizza.

"How have you kept this place a secret?" she says looking at the ceiling. "I mean I've only had it for 2 months." I say laughing. "still, I mean honesty I love it. she says lying down.

"So, I'm thinking movie night." I say grabbing the remote. "Great idea." she says sitting back up. I open Netflix. "What movie?" I ask. "Anyone but you." she says really fast. I laugh. "You had that answer ready."

"Guilty as sin." she says laughing.

her laugh is so contagious, the kind of laugh that makes you laugh too.

________________________________________________________________________________

ARIZONA

the next day I wake up in my apartment, and i'm so happy. I had the best night, we talked, we laughed, we danced. we're becoming great friends, except I don't wanna be friends, I never wanted to just be friends with her.

I pull up to work and I see Amelia in the parking lot, I run over.

"Hey Amelia wait up." I say catching up to her.

"Hey." she says smiling widely.

"last night was so fun, we've gotta do that again." I say opening the hospital doors. "Agreed." she responds while sipping her coffee.

We walk over to the first floor nurses station as her page goes off. "Ooh, trauma." she says while checking her pager. "Well don't sound so excited." I laugh. "Can't help it." she yells back while walking away. she's so funny.

I walk into the attending lounge where Callie is sitting at the table tying her shoe.

"Good morning." I say happily. she doesn't respond, she just gets up and leaves. I wonder what's with her.

The morning is pretty typical, I perform two C sections and im about to start my third when my pager goes off.

RILEY DAWSON 911

Oh no, what happened. I start running towards the ICU. Amelia joins me.

"What the hell happened." she says.

"I'm not sure." I say as we run into her room.

I can't believe what I see. Riley is awake and she's talking to her mom. they don't notice us until Amelia speaks.

"Well, look who's awake." she says with the biggest smile on her face.

Rileys mom comes over and hugs us. "Thank you both so much." she says crying.

"Our pleasure." Amelia responds. I start to cry and I run out of the room.

AMELIA

I can't believe it. Riley woke up! This is amazing news.

suddenly Arizona runs out of the room. I follow her. She runs into an on call room.

"Hey are you ok." I say rushing in after her. She sniffs, "Yeah." she says sitting down on the bed. "its just, she's ok." she says rubbing her eyes.

We look into each others eyes for a while, then finally I stand up.

She grabs my hand. She stands up too and looks in my eyes.

Then she kisses me. A soft kiss. is this really happening. She's a really great kisser, I don't want to but i pull away. "I cant." I say my head against hers.

I let go of her hand and I run out of the room while holding back my tears.