Epilogue

A/N - I mean, it IS rated Mature...

***

Another six months later

Looking down at the city from a height of almost 900 feet over Grant Park, the city of Chicago looked serene on this summer afternoon. That I was standing next to my girlfriend, also known as Syrenity, may have had something to do with that, but it was still a great way to see the city. I had my helmet off, letting the wind blow my hair around, and just took in the sights with her.

"We've done a good job so far," Lela said with a smile. "What do we do next?"

I let out a gusty sigh. "Keep our eyes open. Rot will probably be back some time, and we'll have our hands full. In the meantime, we keep consolidating our position."

That position was currently standing atop the luxury NEMA Towers apartments, below which sat our hidden base. Much like the base back home, this one had everything we needed, and we quickly took it over when we arrived in Chicago. Libby had made sure all the communication gear was switched over to our channels, and that all the firewalls that were in place were replaced with her own so the government couldn't get in. She even made a mirror system that looked like the old one so if General Kitts or his subordinates took a look it would seem like everything was nice and normal. It was still likely that they would come by to move back in some day, but I doubted they'd be prepared for our welcome.

We now had access to a dozen cool vehicles, all kinds of weapons, and a lot of fabric for Libby to keep busy making our outfits for years. In her mind, we were like video game characters, and we each needed at least three different suits, plus some seasonal ones to keep warm when the cold Chicago winter rolled in. I had to admit, the white Syrenity look was all kinds of gorgeous, with those same handy zippers as mine, that I could use to make my girl scream like a siren.

Our third member, Jewel, had gone with the name Boomslang, though she was still debating if she liked it. But it was a gorgeous green venomous snake that could hide in plain sight, just like her, and the new green scaled outfit that Libby crafted for her looked great. She didn't join us much, she usually stayed with Libby in the control room and only came out when we needed her. Hopefully we could work on her confidence, but it was nice to know that our base was secure with her in it too.

Thanks to us, Chicago was clean now. Well, from most crimes anyway. It turned out that using our powers together to fight crime was even more effective than it was in making money. We had a solid plan, and so far, it had worked perfectly. Whenever we saw criminals or supervillains, I used my speed to disarm them, then my lovely Syrenity would simply talk them into turning themselves into the local FBI field office, while Boomslang would make them forget that they ever met us. The Daughters of Darkness were making Chicago their own.

Yeah, I was sure that sooner or later people would figure out who we were, but other than continuing our white collar money making crime, we were being perfect angels and making the city as safe as it ever was. If you didn't mind us each affecting a few minds that is. Hell, we were even getting guns off the street by having Lela just telling people to turn in all their illegal guns to the police department's new gun buyback program. Nobody could ever turn her down.

Especially me.

"But right now, it's pretty calm. Maybe we could have a little bit of a break while we were up here," my lovely songbird whispered in my ear as her hand slipped down to gently squeeze my ass. "I bet nobody would mind if we rewarded each other."

"Is that what you want? A reward?" I asked her. I turned a little, pulling her into my arms as her hand continued to squeeze me.

"Uh huh." She looked at me with wide eyes, and a cute pout. "I've been a good girl, right?"