🌊 | He's just a liar. (52)

Start from the beginning

The two talk as Kie and I hide ourselves, we snicker at his small talk. Until Kies eyes widen once again. "Don't turn around." Her face is dead-pan.

I look up, my eyebrows furrowed. "What."

"Tanner Fields, 12 o'clock. Talking with Bea." She mumbles, sipping at her drink.

I turn quicker than ever, ignoring Kie's instructions. The two are close together, Bea is laughing at whatever stupid jokes Tanner is making. He still has a black eye from JJ's punch.

"I'm going over." I state immediately, no hesitation. Kie grabs my arm just as I'm about to storm over.

"Let them simmer, if it takes a notch to large, then go over." She turns my head and I huff, rolling my eyes.

"Okay, let me know what's happening." I say, staring at her face for updates.

"She's laughing again, He's laughing too. They're awkwardly looking around. She said something... Oh- oh." She pauses, gritting her teeth.

"Fuck you Kiara, what!" I yelp, to which she replies. "He's like.. caressing her hair."

"I'm going over." I swivel, stomping towards the two.

I see a drink in Bea's hand, so I take it from her, startling her a bit when I do. I take a sip at it, eyeing Tanner with no introduction.

"Darla! You scared me." Bea laughs nervously, watching me as I finish off the drink while still giving Tanner the death stare.

I gulp the last swallow, slamming it down on the table next to me, sighing. "Whew! Sorry, I got thirsty." I brush myself off before turning to Bea.

"We should talk." I demand, blankly staring at her. She inhales anxiously.

"I was talking to.." ,
"Oh, Tanner. Can I speak with her real quick?"

He sucks in his lips as I, again, stare at him deadly. He nods softly, before rolling his eyes when turned away.

I take his place, slamming my hands down. "Beatrice, what are you thinking?!"

"What!" Bea shrugs, her eyebrow cocked.

"Tanner Fields is an obsessive weirdo." I cross my arms, shaking my head with disappointment. "Anyone but him."

"When did you ever have a say on who and who not I talk to? We were having a friendly chat." She barks back to me, which makes me almost laugh. How could she be so stupid to trust Tanner? The one who fought my best friend at a bonfire that she was at. She heard me complain about him to Ren all those years, taunting me when we saw him in public. And when she saw him in public on her own, she'd usually throw him a dirty look or two. So what's friendly about having a chat with Tanner Fields?

"Can you not try to pretend like Tanner is an okay guy?" I scoff, as she looks around to see if anyone's overhearing us. Though quite frankly I couldn't give a shit.

She turns back to me, shrugging. "Fine if you guys didn't have a good relationship. But listen, Darla. I like him, he's friendly to me. Be happy for me that I finally found a guy I can talk to!"

My jaw lays agape as I stare at her with awe in my twinkle-less eyes. She waits for my avail but honestly I don't have an answer to that. He's a cunt to take my sister, I don't want to say it's to get back at me because that'd be taking the light away from Bea.

"I was only warning you, but.. do what you feel is right." My voice escapes in no more than a whisper. Her face speaks volumes on how she believes she's right, so I can only turn and accept that she's going to go through the Tanner effect. And there's nothing I can do to stop it, not now, not anymore. And what I'd do to go back and take time to remind her that he's no good. Evidently I wasn't there enough to make that clear.