Chai, Questions & Fuck-ups

ROMERO

Narrowed brown eyes followed me around the kitchen as I paced around, Aida's friend - Nur - obviously taking the role as the older one with great seriousness.

"Did I do something?" I asked her ourtight and her eyebrows shot up, a scowl taking over her face again.

"Where I come from," she spoke, her voice throaty and hoarse. "You would've gotten smacked with a dozen shoes for the tone you just used with me."

Her husband coughed behind his hand, doing a shitty fucking job at hiding his grin. Nur followed my line of vision and her scowl intensified when she noticed Maahir's smile.

"What are you smiling about you slimy rodent?" She snapped at him, leaning forward on the counter as if she'd launch at him.

Maahir's eyes darkened. "You. Obviously."

Nur scrunched her face up in disgust and pulled back, sitting down on her stool again. "Anyway," she whirled toward me. "I want to ask you some questions."

My eyebrows shot up. "You? Want to ask me some questions?" I crossed my arms over my chest and watched her closely.

Wavy brown hair, cascading down her back in long waves. Dark brown eyes that I'm sure were blessed by the devil himself with the power of killing any man that looked into them, framed by black rimmed glasses.

"Yes," she answered simply, glancing at me with the rage of seven evil bunnies. "I want to ask you some questions about Aida."

I snickered, trying to pull the I didn't stalk her since she was young act off. "I don't know much about her," I told Nur and watched as she let out an exasperated huff, slamming her hands on the kitchen island.

"Quit the shit dumbfuck," she snarled. "I'm not dense. I know you've been after her since Karina got taken away when she was younger so don't try to play it off as anything but that."

My mouth kicked up in a grin. "Her favorite color is black or red, she can never decide. Her favorite animals are dogs but she'd love a hamster if she settled down enough for one." I sipped my chai. Tasty. "She wears heels to make herself even taller, more intimidating to the males around her - myself included. She's been forced to act like a mother since she was young because her parents were neglectful shits and she has a thing for coming off as emotionless."

A chuckled left me as Nur's mouth gaped open. "Did I miss anything?"

"She loves the stars," Natalya deadpanned from the doorway. My head whirled toward her to find her psycho blues already narrowed on me.

The blondie walked up to Nur and gave her a hug. My eyes narrowed on them both, especially on Nur, scrutinizing and analyzing her.

Nur was snapping her fingers in front of my face. "What are you staring at asshole?" I grinned at her. "I was analyzing the competition."

"The competi-," she stopped herself and put the back of her hand to her forehead. "Oh My God. You two," she gestured between me and her husband. "You two should be best fucking buddies."

Maahir looked offended. I was too.

"Excuse me?" He asked his wife, perching his glasses up on his head.

Nur nodded and sipped her chai, glaring at Maahir over the rim of her cup. "Yeah I mean. You both obviously consider your wife's best friend your competition-"

"I'm not his wife," came Aida's voice from behind me and I rotated on my feet, eager to see if she was alright.

"Yet," Nur chirped, happily sipping her beverage now.