Growls, Mumbles and Pricks

AIDA

Whispers and a soft caress on my shoulder were exactly what I never wanted to take up to.

Wait.

I opened one eye to find myself nestled on Romero's side, his bare skin warm against my chest as I pressed into his side.

Heat crept up my entire body all the way up to my cheeks. I buried my face in the blanket Romero had undoubtedly wrapped around us through the night.

A female giggle rang out from the doorway and I whimpered in shame as I realized it was Natalya's.

Romero shushed her and - probably - Stefan up as his hand kept caressing my naked shoulder.

I smacked his hand away, keeping my eyes shut tightly. "I know you're awake," he whispered against my temple. "Don't make me wake you up like I dreamed I would."

A shriek tore free from my throat as I sat upright, the blanket wrapped tightly around the upper half of my body.

"No," I mumbled groggily and pointed a threathing finger at Romero. He shrugged his massive shoulders and put his arm behind his head.

I looked up at the ceiling and prayed Stefan and Natalya would leave the doorway so I could argue in peace.

I eyed the doorway from the corner of my eye and saw the two menaces looking at us with wide, know-it all smirks.

"Do not say anything." I warned, my eyes murderous on my baby sister. Natalya squeaked at me and Stefan's eye twitched. I arched a brow at him. He sighed and attempted to stop the twitching by looking up - which only served to make him look hiliarous. I laughed at him and quickly covered it up with a cough - a second too late.

His jaw clenched as he ran a hand down his face - probably trying to contain himself from killing Naty. Or me. Or both of us.

"Natalya," Romero said gruffly. I glared at him. "Would you mind giving me and your sister a moment?"

"Yes." I said at the same Nat said "No!"

I glared at Natalya. She glared back.

Romero arched a brow. Stefan cleared his throat.

"Romero," he said forcefully. The bastard's head rotated toward his younger brother. "Yes Stefan?"

Stefan rolled his cobalt eyes. "Gallo's requesting your decent presence downtown by lunch."

I frowned. "Cain Gallo?"

Romero's head shot toward me. "You know him?" He asked, his tone lacking its  previous emotion.

"I've heard of him," I said and rolled my eyes at his wannabe alpha male behavior.

He arched a dark eyebrow my way. I narrowed my eyes.

Two can play this game, asshole.

"Stop with the flirting already," a feminine voice sai and Fiorella's laughter rang from the hallway.

I leaned forward, tightening my hold on the blanket as I eyed the girl standing behind Stefan.

Ice blue eyes, framed by black glasses locked on mine, the teasing glow in them raising my defenses.

My eyebrow arched once more as I gave the girl as a suspicious one over. Blue eyes, black hair, glasses, slightly tall frame...

My eyes widened around the edges before I reigned in my reaction.

"Callisto Gallo."

"Aida Mikhailova," she nodded back at me. "I've heard of you. Killer princess, heir to the bloody throne of the Bratva."