Chapter -10

Valerie screamed, using her powers to ward of the monster, the monster let out a shrill screech.

"HELP!" Valerie tried again. "Lucas! Please... someone."

The monster ran towards her, Valerie pulled both hands out front, screaming, the monster slammed against a tree, it got up dashing towards Valerie.

"HELP!" Valerie screamed.

She did not have enough energy for this, her ears and nose started bleeding from her loss of energy, blood trickled down her eyes, before she knew it the taste of blood filled her mouth.

Valerie tried to keep the monster as far away from her with her powers, but the monster came closer to her anyway, it scratched her on her right arm.

Valerie screamed.

"HELP!"

The monster slowly approached her like a tiger would do to its prey.

Valerie was losing her energy by the second, her hands becoming tired, her right hand, especially couldn't stand it anymore.

Her head started spinning, but she tried to pull herself steady, remembering the Turing test that her father made her do back at the asylum.

Except she failed, all of them, but she couldn't fail this.

"LUCAS!" Valerie shouted, trying her best to keep the monster away, she didn't want to die, not yet, not by this.

"LUCAS!"

The monster started running back towards her, before it touched her, it evaporated.

Valerie put her hands back down, exhausted, she didn't have time to wonder if she did that, her head started spinning, too much that she couldn't stop it, the last thing she heard was her body, thudding on the spiky ground.

"Valerie..." a voice said, which at the moment she couldn't recognise. "Valerie." The voice said again, this time in a more desperate tone. "Valerie please don't be dead."

Valerie's eyes slowly fluttered open, she winced from a sharp pain in her eyes.

The surroundings looked so different, it was fully white, and everyone was in white coats.

Valerie jerked up, having a horrible idea to where she was, she screamed immediately at the pain everywhere in her body.

She saw a recognisable face, it wasn't Doctor Williams, instead it was Lucas, wearing the blonde wig, her vision was still blurry, so she didn't fully have an idea.

Lucas held her hand tightly.

"Val... it's me." He .

Words wouldn't come out of Valerie's mouth, it hurt her to breathe itself, her screaming increased the pain, she pulled herself not to let out another shriek, reminded it would just make matters worse.

"Lucas?" Valerie asked, trying to ignore the pain in her throat, as she pulled the word out, she was back in her hospital dress, but her wig was still on her head.

"Yeah..." Lucas replied softly.

"Are we at the asylum?"

"No." Lucas assured. "We are at the hospital, you were in terrible condition and when I heard your screams, I tried to run as fast as I could, but I guess I was too late."

Lucas looked at his feet, shame filled his cheeks.

"It'a fine." Valerie told, though her raspy voice made it less believable. "We both got out alive and that's all that matters."