Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

With a ton of time to kill it seemed, I decided to call Stacey.

After two annoying rings she answered. "Hello?"

"So he is definitely not gay."

"Cop and badge or knight and horse?"

"Knight damn it! Don't talk about the cop, seriously." I rolled my eyes. "Definitely not gay."

"Oh my God! Did you shag! I bet you fúcked like donkeys."

"What the hell Stace? What does that even mean!"

"Did it like dogs?"

"Stacey!"

"Banged like rabbits."

"Oh God." I groaned and smacked my forehead.

"Come on girl! I'm running out of animals here!" Stacey yelled.

"We didn't have sex!"

"Oh. Yeah he's gay."

"We kissed." I bit my lip thinking back to the event.

"And? There's obviously more. I can hear it in your voice."

"I met his mom and she already saw my ass." I burst into a long detailed description of the entire afternoon, every sorted detail, from the lamb blood on his apron, the peach scented shampoo I used in my hair, to the stinging redness of my ass after he'd struck it. She sat in complete silence listening to me drag on and on for over a half hour before I fell backwards on the bed officially not giving a shit about wrinkling the dress.

"You should have seen the way she looked at me Stace!"

"I'm sure." She finally entered the conversation. "That's so fúcking kinky."

I laughed. "Oh yeah I'm sure."

"No seriously, Pietro is such a sweetheart. That man wouldn't hurt a fly." If only she knew. "I can't even imagine his face if I pulled the whips and chains out. He'd probably have a heart attack."

I laughed. "I take it he finally called?"

"Oh yes. Tell cop and badge to keep those handcuffs to himself."

"Unless he's letting you borrow them to teach Pietro a few tricks?"

"Oh you know me too well." She laughed. "So now the question is, if they're all downstairs, why are you upstairs talking to me? I mean, not that I mind talking to you. You're great and all and I really don't see that much of you outside of work anymore but the man butchered a lamb for this dinner. You better get you some and bring me home some leftovers."

I sighed heavily. "I don't know. I assumed Alessio would come and get me but here I still am. I don't feel very welcomed."

"You know what sounds like a great time? Going downstairs and eavesdropping, and then calling me and telling me what they said."

I rolled my eyes with a small smile. "Yeah I'll get right on that." But actually it did sound quite tempting. "Stace, I'm gonna go down there, okay?"

"Okay! Call me later! And get on with the horse sex."

"You're disgusting." I said and hung up. I stood up and smoothed my dress out. The fabric and fit of the dress was flattering and the rounded neckline exposed my collar bone while still being high cut.

I hesitated at the bedroom door and then decided I had already made a bad enough impression, so what if I got caught eavesdropping now? It's not like things could be much worse. I slipped off the heels and started down the hallway when I got a suddenly brilliant idea. The first two doors I checked were simply more bedrooms but the third room was the surveillance room.