While the two living stuffed animals munched away, Anne brought up a small folding table from her car, then got the table set with plates, cups, and she even brought up three chairs, too.

It's a nice little table, but I don't think we'll be able to reach our plates if we're sitting normally. 

"Alright my sweet boys," Anne said as she walked back over to Prince and lifted him up. 

"Time to shift back." 

Shift back? It doesn't exactly work like that does—it," King finished out loud as his body grew in an instant, leaving him standing before his mother in his birthday suit!

"Go get some clothes on, sweetie," she said, dismissing him as she walked over and lifted up Rexy. 

Instead of holding him like she had Prince, she gently set him down on the floor, kneeling in front of him with a warm smile. 

"You too, sweetheart. I'm so glad I finally got to see you again, but it's time for your new daddy to come back for a bit."

As King watched from the hallway, Rexy gave a big yawn, then his form began to blur.   

Oh! 

Quickly turning, King went to grab the clothing Baron had been wearing and brought them out to the kitchen. Anne had already turned her back to give Baron some privacy, so King just handed him the clothes and turned away, too, not wanting to stress him out. 

They were soon both dressed and as he walked out of the hall, he noticed Baron and Anne already deep in conversation. 

My... stomach hurts a little all of a sudden. 

He didn't think he'd eaten too much before their meal, so he just chalked it up to having a new shift so suddenly. 

Dropping down into the seat beside Baron, he listened to their discussion for a bit, but to be frank, he was quite lost. While Baron gave a little more information about his background, the majority of their conversation was legal stuff. 

So, he decided not to butt in with unnecessary things and quietly ate his shrimp alfredo and garlic bread in silence.  It was really hard to keep quiet when the person he wanted to talk to was sitting right next to him, though. 

"Oh, you have your phone call with your daughter soon, right?" Anne said after a while, making King blink out of his daze and look up. 

Baron smiled and nodded, clearly excited. 

"Yes, I told her I'd call her tonight for my birthday." 

Anne returned his smile and stood as she began to clear their empty dishes. 

"I best be on my way soon, then." 

King quickly got up to help, and before Baron could even try to lend a hand, everything was rinsed and in the dishwasher. 

"You boys make sure to get some rest after your call, alright?" she said as she tugged King in for a quick hug, then turned and did the same for Baron. Except, right as she was about to let go, she gently grasped his shoulders and smiled. 

"I'm very proud of you, young man. Enjoy speaking with your daughter tonight, and we'll see about being able to get her to visit soon, hmm?" 

King watched the man's face immediately change as his nose and brow scrunched up and tears began to flow from his eyes. 

He got a soft pat to his shoulder from Anne in response, and to both their surprise, Baron even leaned forward again and wrapped his arms around Anne.