Ch.1 | Soleilville ☀︎

During summertime, I like to stay in my own backyard. Swimming, reading, eating ice cream, the usual, right? But this summer things are gonna be a little different. This is the first summer I'm going on vacation. Alone. My parents won't be there and I'm going somewhere called Soleilville. I have no idea where that is, but my parents say it's somewhere in the countryside. I'm a bit scared. It's not like I don't want to go, I like a good adventure but I know no one there! Expect my Great Aunt Charlotte, who I'll be staying with. Tonight's the night I leave and I'm just finishing up packing my bag. I put on my turquoise converse and take my last look out my window. "I'll miss it here, just staring out of this window." I gather my suitcase and backpack, about to leave. "Helen! the car is here for you!" I shut my room door and pick up the box sitting there in front of it. "What's this?" It's wrapped in a pretty turquoise ribbon. My favorite color, and has a note stuck in between it. "Helen! The car is-" Ugh. Second time. "Coming!" I say, I wobble as I try to carry my suitcase and the box with me downstairs. "A little help would be nice!" I hear a snicker. "I see you got my present." My brother says. He can be a real prick sometimes. I reach the end of the stairs, out of breath. "Why'd you give me this? Sad to see me go?" I joke. "Sad? I have the biggest grin right now!" He says. I roll my eyes, grabbing my hoodie. "I guess I'll be off now.." it's a little awkward. I open the front door. "Let me walk you to the car. Help you load your stuff in?" He says. I nod, handing him my suitcase. We walk to the back of the car opening the truck and he puts my suitcase in. "So I guess this is goodbye." He says. "I guess it is." We hug. Awkward. And he walks back, waving to me. I open the car door and get in, greeting the driver. See, I've never been to my great aunts house. But this lady has a driver! "Uh- hi Mr.." He turns around and reaches his hand out "Mr. Foster." I shake his hand. "Hello Mr. Foster..." I say. "Hello Elizabeth." He says. I didn't know he knew my name, Aunt Charlotte must've told him. He turns back around and we start driving. It's quiet and calm. I look out the car window, wondering. How will Soleilville be? Will I enjoy it there? Will I make friends?

 How will Soleilville be? Will I enjoy it there? Will I make friends?

I let the soft wind blow my hair and hit my face gently. It felt calming, like I was a bird soaring through the open skies. "Ms. Elizabeth, do you like the beach?" Asked Mr. Foster. I turned away abruptly from the window when he asked that, it's such an out of the blue question. "Um, I love the beach. " I could see he cracked a smile in the rear view mirror. "Well then you'll love the beaches in Soleilville! The pristine water and beautiful views will make you wanna never leave!" I chuckle. "Any beach at all I don't ever wanna leave." I say. "Mrs. Charlotte has a beach house that's absolutely perfect for a nice day at the beach, you could go there sometime." He says. I nod, looking back out at the green scenery. "Sure."