Chapter 1: Eclipse of Harmony

Year: ---*2014*---

It is not mistaken that the world be breathtaking to many people across the globe, many take their sweet time with their lives and enjoy the sweet moments the world has to offer. Others chase after the perfect career, the perfect family, the perfect life one wishes to have, the path will always be different but there will always be the same goal.

But one day the world shifted into an apocalyptic scenario, weird humane creatures have started to rise up from the depths of the oceans. Glowing uneasy eyes, pale skin, unreadable expressions, unknown desires. Humanity has tried to act with kindness at first, talking with such species, trying to understand their motives... but the creatures simply had one goal in mind, to conquer and kill everything that stood in the path of conquering.

Humanity tried to fight back with everything they had, and for once all the countries from across the globe united to kill their common enemy. But no matter what they did the creatures were simply too powerful for any military personnel and equipment to take care of. The unique weapons these creatures posses, later referred to as riggings, were simply way too effective against any defense humanity has created thus far.

With countries falling one by one humanity was threatened to utter extinction, various world leaders out of pure desperation launched everything they got, including nuclear war heads that have managed to greatly damage their loved planet. But not even nuclear bombs would stop the creatures from their pursuit of conquering the world.

---*Somewhere in America*---

Gentle foot steps echo throughout the haunting hallways, the rookie commander, Marcus, of Sapphire Stronghold, one of the remaining massive military bases remained in the whole America, was walking with clear nervousness on his expression. It was just before the war broke out against the sea creatures he got his position as a rookie commander, he has never anticipated he would lead various massive fleets into war so fast, but yet again the fleets never returned.

Walking through a door all eyes laid on him from various commanders and admirals, some having better experience than others. Admiral Emily, a veteran of war and a relic of the great past, smiled upon seeing Marcus "Please, take a seat, we've been waiting for you" instructed the much older woman. With his nervous levels reaching high levels Marcus takes a seat at the meeting table, glancing at his various co workers whose spirits were beyond broken.

"Ladies and Gentlemen" began Admiral Emily, her tone hinting at great authority "These sea creatures that we still don't have any intel about have managed to wreck havoc into our once beautiful and peaceful world... now all you see is certain death and darkness" Marcus gulps at such unkind words, but deep know he knows the world is fucked "There is no way to sugarcoat this people, we are fighting a losing battle".

Whispers and nervous looks break between the commanders and admirals, Emily takes a deep sigh before speaking once again "At this point we are delaying our fate of extinction, we have tried everything... but humanity's hope never dies, get in positions everyone" everyone stood up from their seats before saluting and speaking in unison "Ma'am yes ma'am!" one by one rushed off to fulfill their position... except for Marcus, who looked beyond hopeless "Commander Marcus" Emily glances at him, her smile fading away slightly.

"I know how you feel deep inside, we'll keep fighting until the day we all die, we won't go down without a fight" Emily knows very well that her words are not hopeful to anyone anymore, but yet, she still tries. Marcus nods his head slightly, before quickly moving to get ready for today's fight. As hours go by, Emily leading a massive fleet into war, her office's door swung open revealing a scout with pure fear across his face "Madam Emily! please come quick! we found some sort of black cube! it's radiating massive energy in the museum!".