part eleven

"I've got my red dress on tonight"
- lana del ray

I

look in the mirror as I run my hands down the top of my dress, "you look stunning" Amelia says for the hundreth time, I grin and turn towards my phone before faking model poses as Amelia snaps away with facetime photos.

someone knocks on the door and I shout "come in" thinking it is Avery, she however is not the person who walks into my room, Xander is.

he looks around the room for a second before his eyes meet mine, he blinks. "I have to go" Amelia says from my phone, "love you" she says before hanging up.

traitor

"I am not at all into you" he says, I let out a breath or releif that I have been holding since this morning when Ave said no guy could resist me. he takes a step towards me, "but you look dashing" he says looking me up and down, "who says dashing anymore?" I ask him, trying not to laugh, "handsome young men like me" he repies.

"are you ready?" he asks, I turn towards the mirror and look myself over one last time, my dress is the prettiest colour of red, the top of the dress is slim and fits my body perfectly. it's a beautiful dress. my hair is down, straight and glossy and tucked behind my ears.

"yeah I'm ready" I say turning back to Xander.

this is how I picture her look but feel free to picture it however you want:

flashing lights are what I am greeted with as I step outside of the car, to my left Avery is being surrounded by paparazzi while Oren tries to get her out of there

none of the cameras turn and take pictures of me.

what a shame, they are missing out.

I make my way into the building easily and wait for Avery, who finally manages to get past the paparazzi.

"this way" Oren mumbles under his breath as he leads us to the top of a grand staircase.

down below I spot almost all of the Hawthornes spread out among the crowd.

Avery looks nervous beside me and I feel pity for her, I was raised with these types of people, she was not.

even though Ave and me grew up together, I often was at my dads house, like basically always, unless he was on a buisness trip.

he offered to give her this life but Sarah denied it for Avery, said she would be fine just the way she is.

Avery wasnt my dads kid, and my mom got pregnant with her while she was still with my father, but my dad forgave her and accepted Avery into our life.

within months they started fighting and breaking up just to get back together.

my father loved her, Sarah needed someone to hold her, but he never did hold her heart, I am a very observant person, and I always could observe how her heart was taken, but no man ever came to give it back or to even hold it.

it was as if her heart was taken by a ghost from her past.

I squeeze Avery's hand before descending down the stairway.

I scan the room but my eyes land on Grayson after he drops his glass of champagne.

his skin is pale as a ghost and his fingers are trembeling.

he is staring at Avery as if she is a dead girl.

once I reach the bottom of the staircase I go off in a different direction then Avery who heads straight towards Grayson.

someone loops their arm into mine and I almost swat them away, but then I realize it is only Xander.

he took a different car then us and left at the same time, but still managed to get inside before us, lucky him, he didnt have to deal with the paparazzi.

"you look ready" he says, not a question, a statement.

"the only thing is, what is it that you are ready for?" he says, this time it's a question.

"I have a feeling, somethings going to happen tonight, and I have a even bigger feeling, that you know what" I say.

he blinks at me almost suprised, "I overheard you talking to yourself yesterday"

he takes a deep breath, "so you know?" he asks, "yeah, I know" I say.

"please don't tell-" I cut him off, "I am not gonna tell Ave"

I grab a glass of sparkeling cider off a platter, "your secrets safe with me" I say.

and I mean it, secrets are my superpower. all though finding out Xan was an acomplice in Tobias Hawthornes game, that took me by suprise.

now I just have to get through this night, I think to myself before taking a sip of my drink.

A/N:
if you saw this chapter when it was halfway written, no you didnt. lmk ur thoughts, sorry this was rushed so not that good, byeeee