part nine

"I think I'll miss you forever, like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky"
- Lana Del Ray

my jaw is practically on the floor by the time we arrive to the mansion.

no.

palace.

my fathers place is a mansion, but this place? it's practicaly a kingdom!

Grayson opens the elegant doors for me and I step inside.

"Welcome to Hawthorne House" a woman says curtly.

I turn to face her, and recognize her from the pictures Avery has been sending me.

"you must be Alisa" I say nodding at her, she looks ataken back by the first words I say to her.

but I cut her some slack considering the first impressions Ave and Libby must've given her.

they lack class and elegance, which is another reason I'm here.

I have to teach them how to be rich.

"your sister is waiting for you in the library" Alisa says pointing down a long corridor,

I nod to her briskly before heading towards where she pointed.

"she's diffrent then the other two" I hear Grayson mutter under his breath to Alisa,

I ignore them and continue to make my way down the hallway until I've reached the doors that open up into a library.

"Malia!" Avery shouts jumping out of her seat and rushing towards me,

she hugs me and I give her an awkward pat on the back, she pulls away looking a little bit embarresed.

I don't mean to be rude but I am not in the mood.

"are you going to give me a tour?" I ask her,

"we would be delighted to give you a tour"

I look past Avery to where the voice came from, a tall dark haired boy is sauntering over to us,

I also recognize him from a video Avery sent that he managed to sneak in.

"Jameson I presume" I say before turning on my heel and walking out of the room.

knowing the two will follow me.

they give me a tour, not a very good one since it mostly consists of Jameson flirting with Avery.

it makes me sick to the point I had to excuse myself from the tour and go to the room I will be staying in.

I lock the door behind me and find my way to the bed.

people can be so exhausting sometimes.

the only person who filled up my battery instead of draining it, was Scott.

I shrug him off of my mind, I can't do that to myself, not now.