Total Drama One Shot #3: Alone On An Island With A Merman (Silas x Mateo)

(This one shot was requested by my friend Awesome_Turtle_ , in this one shot, it takes place in an AU of Mateo and Silas stuck on an island out in the ocean, where Mateo plays the role of an explorer studying different plant and animal life in area that have not yet been discovered or haven't been seen in a while. There, he meets and injured merman named Silas who was forced to flee the ocean after his parents and sister tried to offer him as a sacrifice to a horrendous sea monster who eats those who oppose them or fail to stay in line. There, he is taken in by Mateo and he begins to stay with Mateo and become close to him.)

Our story begins at a tropical island out in the Caribbean Sea, where a young explorer, Mateo, was at the island documenting the flora and fauna of the island and writing it in his journal to take notes.

You see, Mateo is a young explorer who goes around the world to discover different uncharted or mysterious places that rarely anyone or no one has ever discovered before, with only one purpose: to document the flora and fauna of each place he visits, and on rare occasions, discover something new or unexpected.

Then, one he's done, reports his information to his fellow explorers, at their hideout in Australia by the Great Barrier Reef. There, he and his fellow explorers gather their information, in the hopes of either discovering a new island, a new species of animal or to find ways on protecting the fauna and Flora against anything that could pose as a threat to them.

Normally he'd go on these expeditions with some of his fellow explorers, lately they've been going on their separate expeditions or haven't been exploring as much, due to them finding a person they loved and settling down to either make their own families, or get different jobs.

Mateo thought it would've been best to go on expeditions by himself so he wouldn't come in the way of them hanging out together with their loved ones, or interfere with their new lives. Sure he didn't mind being himself since he was one of the most introverted of his team of explorers and liked being by himself sometimes, but even then he starts to get lonely and wished he would have company during his expeditions and in his life.

For now, he was on a mysterious island of which he couldn't find in his maps, trying to see what kind of life is on the island, and in a rare instance, discover a new species of plant or animal.

The island consisted of a palm jungle with a river, and a cave that leads to a lake farther into the cave. At the island, he made his own shelter in the cave to stay at the island for when he wants to stay on the island for more than a day just in case.

Mateo was currently observing some coconut crabs that he found near some palm trees, as he wrote about them down in his notebook. Next, he began observing some baby sea turtles that had hatched from out of the sand and are making their way to the water. Then, he found some hibiscus flowers with some green hummingbirds.

Next, he was at the beach to jot down everything he's studied so far in his notebook. "Journal Entry number thirteen, I've been staying on this island for about a week prior, and so far I've discovered the following: the flora and fauna that I've found consisted of coconut crabs, a few sea turtles from when they come to lay their eggs, some hibiscus flowers that act as food for some hummingbirds, just to name a few." Mateo said as he was walking on the beach while writing his notes. "The island seems to be tucked away from most of the other islands I've found, as this one looks as if humans haven't discovered yet, until now of course. It's ecosystem also proves to be healthy, as it sustains a good collection of flora and fauna, with it mostly consisting of small animals, specifically crabs and small wild birds. I haven't discovered anything yet though, but with enough time, maybe I could—"

Mateo was about to writing on a new page when his eyes caught a glimpse of something strange on the beach, at first it seemed to look like it was a dolphin due to the silhouette of its tail or it's shape, but it was hard to see what it actually was, due to the thing being covered in seaweed and some junk from the ocean.