Flashback~When One became Two, Two became Three

*Based off of the video above, but picture the live action cast instead*

Two Years before the events of the story

Lin Kuei Temple

"Lord Raiden, what brings you to the Lin Kuei Temple?" Grandmaster Kuai Liang, also known as Sub Zero, asked the Lord of Lightning as the man walked further into the Lin Kuei Temple, followed by a masked and hooded figured dressed in green and silver. "I feel that Shinnok either may returned or that someone is planning on bringing him back and I must go investigate it. I leave my charge, Lady Celene, in your care. She shares your....cryomancy, Sub Zero." Lord Raiden explained as the hooded figure pulled her hood back and took her mask down to reveal a young sixteen year old with blood red hair and dangerous green eyes. "Are you sure this is wise? I just managed to get an agreement with Grandmaster Hasashi..." "I trust no one else with her." Lord Raiden said and Sub Zero did not argue further and instead turned to regard the young woman. "Welcome to the Lin Kuei Temple, Lady Celene." 

The sixteen year old blushed and gave the grandmaster a smile as Lord Raiden left in a flash. "This way, please." Celene followed the grandmaster into the halls of the Lin Kuei temple, looking around in awe and Sub Zero led her to a set of rooms. "You may use these rooms as your own...did I heard Lord Raiden correctly when he said you had Cryomancy?" Sub Zero asked the sixteen year old girl who nodded and held her hands in front of her, creating several balls of ice in her hands. "Lord Raiden says there are three powers within me. My magic, cryomancy and another that I haven't discovered yet." The young witch said as she made objects around them float and Sub Zero was even more amazed at this new girl. "Then....perhaps we should start training as soon as possible, Lady Celene." Sub Zero suggested and Celene nodded, agreeing to the idea. Something inside Celene felt at home around this man, but also yearned for something or someone else at the same time. 

Months later, Celene was finding a routine within the Lin Kuei, mainly around Kuai Liang as he had seen it to take the young girl under his own wing. Though, Celene did butt heads with another, Frost, who was very bitchy and annoying. "Grandmaster, Grandmaster Hasashi has been spotted near our entrance." Sub Zero stood up and nodded, walking to greet his guest formally. "Tao, go and find Lady Celene...I feel she could be useful." The young Cryomancer nodded and headed to find the red headed woman who was in her rooms, meditating. "Lady Celene, the grandmaster wishes for your presence when he greets the Grandmaster Hasashi." Celene opened her eyes and her usual green eyes, now an icy blue, twinkled with delight as she stood up and nodded to the young learner. "Thank you Tao." Celene walked down the halls and to the courtyard, humming a tune under her breath. 

Outside the courtyard, Grandmaster Hanzo looked around the snow covered grounds with trepidation when he felt a presence behind him. Sub Zero walked down the stairs of the temple, looking at his former rival and enemy, now in a new light. "Master Hasashi, I am grateful that you've come." Sub Zero greeted the Japanese man who still regarded the Cryomancer with distrust. "Speak your mind...I do not wish to linger here." Hanzo spoke and Sub Zero pointed to a table with a tea set in front of it and walked over, taking a seat and began to prepare the tea, in the Japanese fashion. "You reestablished the Shirai Ryu, as I re-formed the Kin Kuei. We both seek to shred our clans' dark pasts. Dedicate them to Earthrealm's protection." Sub Zero explained further as he continued to make the tea while Hanzo watched on, now curious about the whole ordeal. "Our common purpose gives us a chance to end old rivalies.....to start anew." Sub Zero explained as Celene watched from the shadows, taking in that there was another attractive man. 

"You'll confess what you've long denied....that your clan's hands are soaked in Shirai Ryu blood? The blood of my family?" Celene knew the rivalry and knew from what Sub Zero had shown her, that both sides had been played badly. "Our honor is indeed stained....please....sit." Sub Zero begged, feeling helpless and Celene frowned at the tone. 'He truly means to stop this....that Shirai Ryu Grandmaster better listen!' Celene thought as Hanzo sat and she felt the breath she was holding release. "After you and I were freed from Quan Chi's control, I sought out my clan. I had hoped rebellion from within would have quashed the Grandmaster's plans.....but Sektor realized his father's vision. The Lin Kuei had been fully cyberized." Sub Zero said as he pour water into the cups for the tea as Hanzo watched him, feeling as he was being watched also, which was true. Something in Celene told her to hold off on showing up just yet, but she did not know that Frost was coming to attack. "I pledged to kill Sektor and his followers. Re-form the Lin Kuei and restore our honor."  "I am not interested in Lin Kuei politics, Sub Zero." Hanzo snapped as Kuai Liang took the cup in his hands. 

"When I finally killed Sektor, I discovered the Lin Kuei had not sacrificed its honor with the Cyber Intiative. We had abandoned it long before." Sub Zero said as he offered the cup to Hanzo. "MOVE BITCH!" Frost yelled as she pushed Celene down the steps and threw an ice ball at Frost. "FROST! NO!" Celene yelled out as she stood up and ran to stop Frost who turned around briefly and kicked the red head to the ground. Frost then threw an ice ball at the table, attacking Hanzo, which then prompted him to attack Sub Zero. "Our story ends here, Sub Zero." Hanzo said as he got ready to kill Sub Zero when Celene stood up again and went to stop him but she instead saw Frost gunning for Hanzo Hasashi and held her hands out, freezing the young Lin Kuei in her tracks. "FROST ENOUGH!" Celene ordered as she ran over to the frozen girl and huffed before turning and bowing to Hanzo Hasashi. "Forgive this, Grandmaster...but Sub Zero truly seeks a peace offering with you...Frost....is still stuck in her ways." Hanzo was in shock at the young red headed woman standing before him, her eyes no longer green nor icy blue, but flaming gold, like his colors. 

"Who are you?" Hanzo asked as Sub Zero stood up and ordered that Frost be taken away. "Celene, Grandmaster. Adopted daughter of Lord Raiden." Celene bowed again as Sub Zero walked over to the two. "Come, there is something I need to show you." Sub Zero said as he walked into the temple and Celene quickly followed, along with Hanzo Hasashi. "You spoke of the Lin Kuei's lost honor?" "For years I thought you had unfairly blamed the Lin Kuei for the death of your family and clan. But Sektor's cyber-preserved memories revealed the truth." The three came to stop in front of the remains of the cyber-Lin Kuei warrior. Sun Zero pressed a button and an image appeared of a man....Quan Chi. "The Lin Kuei need to abide their agreement, Sektor. The Grandmaster gave Shinnok his word." The image of Quan Chi spoke and Celene felt anger pulse through her. "Shinnok's currency is lies....as is yours." The voice of Sektor spoke in anger. "Payment is due. I exterminated the Shirai Ryu as promised." The image of Quan Chi boasted. 

"Hanzo Hasashi lives! He's your specter, Scorpion!" Sektor said in livid anger and Celene saw the surprise in Hanzo face and felt sorry for him. "I created Scorpion from Hasashi's soul AFTER he died. We observed the agreement." Quen Chi argued. "The letter, NOT the spirit. YOU ARE OWED NOTHING!" The image cut off and Hanzo braced himself on the table as Celene moved to give a comforting hand to his back, like she had done to Sub Zero when he found out the truth. "Harumi....Satoshi." Hanzo bemoaned the names of his family. "Had I known of my clan's complicity in the Shirai Ryu's extinction, our history would be different." Sub Zero said, full of remorse and anger towards his clan's past. "I killed your brother....because I thought-" "Quan Chi is responsible for Bi Han's death." Sub Zero answered Hanzo who then looked up, a fire burning in his eyes. "Sektor is wrong. There is a price to be paid-" "And Quan Chi will pay it." Celene finished for Hanzo who nodded before turning and bowing to Sub Zero who returned the bow while Celene watched, not knowing that her future with these two men was just beginning.