The News

'Fire and Ice shall join as one in her...Master of Time, she shall become. Outworld, Netherworld, and even Earthrealm will shake when she comes into her true powers. Born under the full moon of spring, her fate shall be that of a hero of old....The dark lord will mark her as his equal, a folly as she will have powers he knows not of...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the moon hangs full in the night sky...' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lord Raiden, it has been a while. Welcome to the Shirai Ryu gardens." Grandmaster Hanzo Hasashi greeted the protector of Earthrealm. "Master Hasashi...where is Celene? I have urgent news that she must hear of...the others, Liu Kang, Kitana, her mother, Kung Lao, Jade and Kotal, shall be joining us as well." Lord Raiden asked as he and Grandmaster Hanzo walked through the gardens to the training mats where Celene was training with the younger students, both Shirai Ryu and Lin Kuei, as Grandmaster Sub Zero or Kuai Liang, stood off to the side, smiling as he watched Celene move fluidly to avoid being hit. After a few move moves, Celene knocked the student on his back before bowing and walking off the training mat as Grandmaster Hanzo and Lord Raiden stepped forth, the Grandmaster raising a hand to gather the attention of everyone as six more people appeared and stood beside Lord Raiden. Grandmaster Kuia Liang offered Celene a cool rag to wipe the sweat off before turning to look at Lord Raiden. 

"It has come to my attention...that through some manipulation, Shinnok has decided to join forces with a dark wizard known as Voldemort...yes, the very same one you faced as a child, Celene." At the mention of the dark wizard, Celene stood still and gripped the towel tighter in her hands. "I have already spoken with the headmaster of Great Britian's magic school...a place called Hogwarts. And we will be heading there to offer protection as well as train the students for the coming battle...knowing full well that the school will be the real battle ground for all of this. The others, meaning the Cages, the Briggs, and a few of our other allies will remain behind to keep an eye so that nothing else happens." Lord Raiden said but Celene barely heard a word...going back to that place...to where her parents had given her up and an old coot, more insane and power hungry than Shinnok, Quan Chi, and Shang Tsung combined in her opinion. 

"We will be leaving in three days time, I trust that members of your clans shall be coming along as well, grandmasters?" Lord Raiden asked as both Grandmasters called forth the students/members of the clan who would be coming with. "The rest shall stay under the supervision of Takeda and his father." Grandmaster Kuai Liang said as he and Grandmaster Hanzo shared worried looks as Celene had hardly said anything, just stood there staring off into the distance, clenching the towel in her hands. "Very well then...Celene...do you have any problems with this?" Lord Raiden asked and Celene simply shook her head and walked away to the rooms that had been prepared for her. "Go after her...this news is not something I wish I didn't have to deliver." Lord Raiden told the Grandmasters who simply nodded and ran after Celene, Kuai Liang using his ice teleportation to appear in front of her. 

"You have that look in your eyes...the one that Hanzo and I both know will lead to things being broken." Kuai Liang said and Celene simply looked at him before feeling arms wrap around her from behind. "Talk to us...save the energy of fighting for when you really need it." Hanzo said into Celene's ear and she sagged, letting out a choked breath. "I don't want to go back...not to the people who left me to die...that headmaster blocked my magical core and nearly killed me because of it. I don't want to go back to them...I am afraid I will lose you both." she whispered as tears started to run down her face and Kuai sighed, wiping the tears from my eyes as Hanzo placed a kiss on her neck. "You will not lose us. Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shinnok, Shao Khan, Kronika, and Cetrion tried and they failed. No one, and I mean no one will ever separate us." Hanzo spoke and Celene nodded, though she still had a weird feeling in her gut that did not make her feel any better.