xiii.

"Oh! Ravenclaw scores another one! The score is 150 to 300 with Ravenclaw winning! What have Hufflepuff's Chasers been doing?" Pat's voice echoed throughout the stadium.

Looking to his left, Declan saw Tozer and Booth arguing with the Quaffle in their hands. If they didn't work together, there was no way Hufflepuff stood a chance!

Tozer pushed Jeffrey backward and accidentally dropped the Quaffle. Declan saw this and rushed towards the falling Quaffle. He grabbed it and began rushing to the hoops.

"Hayes has the Quaffle! He rushes up the pitch, dodging a bludger- OH! KRISTIN SHARP IS DIVING FOR THE SNITCH! THE RAVENCLAW SEEKER IS CHASING RIGHT BEHIND HER! EVEN IF HUFFLEPUFF GETS THE SNITCH, THEY CAN'T WIN IF HAYES DOESN'T MAKE THIS ONE SHOT!"

Hearing Pat's announcement, Declan took a deep breath. He continued to race towards the hoop, dodging two Ravenclaw Chasers and another bludger in the process.

Once Declan was ready in front of the hoops, all the stress got to him. He threw the Quaffle but missed the ring due to the stress overwhelming him.

Declan watched as the Quaffle fell, making it's way closer to the ground. He realized what he had done. His worst fears had come true. He had messed up everything.

"Hayes shoots the shot but misses it! Sharp stops in her tracks but the Ravenclaw Seeker keeps going on! Ravenclaw caught the snitch," Pat said, sounding disappointed. "Ravenclaw wins, 450 to 150."

Declan looked around the entire pitch as boos echoed around him. The entire school was mad. He let down his entire house. He had failed.

--

When Declan awoke, he frantically looked around the room. He saw Pat laying down, asleep. Thomas, on the other side of him, had fallen asleep with a book in his hands. He took a deep breath, still shaken up from the nightmare.

Declan laid in bed for a little while, staring at the ceiling whilst lost in thought. He knew letting himself sit silently with his thoughts would hurt his chances of winning in the round, so he decided to go find a snack.

Quietly, Declan creeped out of the boys dormitories and through the Common Room, which was empty save the dying fire in the fireplace. Through the windows near the ceiling, Declan saw the Moon was only just now setting whilst the sunrise gave the sky a beautiful orange glow.

Declan exited the Common Room, making his way towards the kitchens. He stood in front of the fruit bowl painting and stretched his arm before tickling the pear. As the door opened, a voice from behind him surprised him.

"Did you really have to stretch your arm to tickle a pear?" said the voice of Lori Bishop, who walked up to Declan, standing beside him.

"Bloody hell, you almost gave me a heart attack!" said Declan, whisper-shouting at Lori.

"Not my fault that you're easily startled," Lori responded simply.

Declan entered the kitchens, where he was instantly greeted by house elves, Frankie at the front of them.

"Hello Mr. Declan Hayes!" he said.

"Hey, Frankie. Can I just have a cauldron cake? And a bottle of pumpkin juice, please," Declan requested.

Before Frankie could even address the other elves, two cauldron cakes and three bottles of pumpkin juice were in front of Declan. Deciding not to say anything about the extras, he kindly took the food and sat down on a stool in front of the fire.

Lori walked up to Declan, a small turkey leg in her hands. She sat down beside him and they both ate while looking at the fire in a comfortable silence.