ix.

After History of Magic, the four Hufflepuffs made their way back to the Great Hall for lunch, talking as they made their way down.

"So, you really think whatever treasure the keys unlock is at Hogwarts?" Thomas asked.

"Well, I don't have many clues, but if the person with the keys is here, then I could only assume the treasure is as well," responded Declan.

"We're still not even a hundred percent sure if those were the right keys? What were they even called? Did they have a name?" Allison pitched in.

"I don't think Borgin called them anything. We could name them," Lori suggested.

"There's probably a name for them somewhere. I'm gonna spend some time in the library later to find some more information on it all," said Thomas.

The four opened the door to the Great Hall and sat down at the Hufflepuff table, grabbing some food and beginning to eat.

Declan looked at the Slytherin table. He knew he wouldn't find the boy he saw by the lake, but he was holding out a little hope.

"I don't think you'll find him, Dec," said Lori.

"Yeah, we could barely tell he was in Slytherin from History of Magic," Thomas added.

Declan sighed and looked away, eating some food and twirling his wand in his hand. He looked at his food, frowning slightly, before he remembered something. He had Defense Against the Dark Arts after this.

"What do you guys think we'll do in Defense Against the Dark Arts?" Declan asked them all.

"Maybe dueling!" Allison suggested.

"I doubt she'd teach dueling to a fourth year class," said Thomas.

Declan shrugged his shoulders. It could be anything.

--

After lunch, the four exited the Great Hall and began to make their way towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. When they arrived, they saw the rest of the fourth year Hufflepuffs standing outside of the classroom.

"What do you think we're doing?" Erik asked as the four walked up to the classroom.

"I dunno. Tonks said her class did shield charms, but that's probably only for fifth years," said Declan.

"I'm hoping for something fun. Perhaps dark creatures, or hexes and counter curses," said Pat.

"Have you heard of a Patronus Charm? It could be that!" said Terry.

"Patronus Charms are super advanced, Terry, there's no way we would be learning those," said Thomas.

The four boys discussed what they thought would be happening during the class, though they stopped when Professor Kettleridge exited the classroom and addressed the class.

"Hello, everyone. I believe you all are my fourth year Hufflepuff class?" Professor Kettleridge asked. The class nodded in response.

Professor Kettleridge entered her classroom and the Hufflepuffs all followed. Declan sat down beside Lori while Thomas and Allison sat in front of them.

"As I'm sure you've been told by all of your other professors, you will be taking your O.W.L exams in two years. Yes, this may not seem like it's coming up soon, but trust me when I say that they will approach far quicker than you would like," said Professor Kettleridge, sitting down at her desk.

"I received a letter from your previous Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. He explained what you all had covered in his class last year. Am I correct in assuming you all understand curses and counter-curses as well as a wide variety of dark creatures?" asked Professor Kettleridge. The class nodded to confirm her assumption.