field of hearts - Lauren Hemp✿

It was a Thursday morning, the sun casting a warm glow over the Lionesses football pitch. I had just finished training for our upcoming game next week, my muscles still humming with exertion. 

As I wiped the sweat from my brow, my phone buzzed insistently in my pocket. I pulled it out to find a missed message from Amy, my sister, asking if I could visit the high school where she worked. 

Her PE GCSE students were eager to meet a professional athlete, and she thought I'd be the perfect guest speaker.

But there was another promise I had made—one that tugged at my heartstrings. Y/n, the enigmatic girl who had captured my thoughts for ages, was waiting for our lunch date. I wanted to tell her everything—the way her laughter danced like sunlight, the way her eyes crinkled when she smiled—but I also didn't want to let down the school or my sister.

I took a deep breath and dialed y/n's number. She answered promptly, concern lacing her voice.

"Hey Lauren, everything okay?"  Her words were a lifeline, grounding me.

"Hey," I replied, my heart racing. 

"Yeah, everything's fine, but I need to cancel our lunch today. My sister needs me at the high school. And as much as I'd love for you to come with me, I don't want rumors spreading about us that aren't true. I'm so sorry again."

There was a pause on the other end. "Oh, that's okay, Lauren," y/n said gently. "Honestly, we can go out for dinner instead. My treat?"

My heart did a somersault. Y/n taking me out for dinner? It had to mean something, right? I agreed, promising to pick her up later. As I hung up the phone, I wondered if this was fate nudging us together.

At the high school, the PE GCSE students greeted me with wide-eyed enthusiasm. They asked the best questions—about training, teamwork, and the thrill of playing professionally. But when one brave student asked if I was dating anyone, my heart stuttered. I glanced at y/n's name on my phone, wondering how to answer.

Later, at the cozy restaurant, our conversation flowed effortlessly. Y/n's eyes held a warmth that made my insides flutter. I couldn't keep my feelings hidden any longer.

"Look, y/n," I began, my voice shaky. "I want to tell you this because I don't want to live in silence anymore. I really like you. Ever since you joined the Lionesses team, you've been a constant thought—a bright star in my sky."

Before I could finish, y/n leaned in, her lips brushing against mine. "I love you too, Lauren," she whispered, and suddenly, the world narrowed down to that moment—the taste of her kiss, the promise of something beautiful.

No way did that happen? But it did. And as we sat there, hand in hand, I realized that sometimes, the most unexpected moments lead to the sweetest love stories.

sorry its short but hope you liked it!! <3