Chapter 7 - Quidditch tryouts

ʏ/ɴꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ:

ʏ/ɴꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ:

I was in the Great hall eating my breakfast. Today was the day I did tryouts for the Slytherin quidditch team. I've been freaking out all morning and I couldn't even sleep last night without thinking about it. Draco was the captain of the Slytherin quidditch team, but I still had to tryout because obviously they didn't know how good I was with using a broomstick. Lorenzo, Theodore and Blaise also do quidditch, which Lorenzo and Blaise were beaters while Theodore was a chaser, so was Draco. However I decided I'd be trying out for seeker because apparently they lost their seeker, plus they were a 7th year last year. At my old school I was a seeker, and to be honest I don't think I was all that bad, expect the one time I broke my leg. Either way, all I know was that I'm going to try my best, and whatever place I get I'll be happy.

"Hey Y/n! Heard you're going to tryout for the Slytherin quidditch team ey?" Mattheo said, while he sat down next to me.

"Yeah.. I'm quite nervous though because at my old school, students weren't that competitive. However, here I know a lot of students are competitive and have gone on to becoming professional quidditch players." I replied, eating my cereal in a quick speed.

"Ey, steady on. You'll end up chocking if you keep eating like that, plus I'm sure you'll do absolutely fine." Mattheo stated, sending a sympathetic smile towards me while rubbing my arm for reassurance.

"Hope so.. It's just I've been stressing about it all night and morning. I feel like I might not be good enough." I said, a bit quieter than usual.

"Look, I know it's nerve racking. But I know for a fact you'll get in, and will get the position you want and deserve." He spoke, making me feel more confident within myself.

"Thanks Mattheo." I replied, sending him back with a small smile for which he returned.

As me and Mattheo talked for a bit longer, no other than Lorenzo had decided to join us. He took a seat opposite me, and was plastered with a big smile on his face. Gosh what could this boy want.

"Heard you're doing tryouts today, Lupin." Lorenzo said, smirking at me as if theys something entertaining by it.

"Yes, yes I am. What about it?" I questioned , finding it odd why he was smirking about it.

"No reason, but just to let you know not many girls in Slytherin get through to the Slytherin quidditch team, but I have faith in you." Lorenzo mentioned, while taking a sip of some water he currently poured for himself.

To be honest, this made me feel anxious and lowered my confidence, but I had faith that I'll be able to make it through, barring in mind that me and Draco are friends. Well from what I think we are.

•••

As I got ready for the tryouts I entered the pitch, finally the nerves we're kicking in more than it did earlier on, but this made me remember I have adrenaline to be able to successfully succeed in these tryouts.