- 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Third person.

"Babe, when are you going to Jeju?" Sohee asks, her words are a bit incoherent as she works into making her lips sheen with her lipstick in front of Jieum's mirror.

The girls are apparelled in minimalist Celine silk dresses for an event Sohee is invited to by her boyfriend. She decided to tag Jieum along with them considering that she is free tonight, and Jaeyun would most likely be chatting about business and partnerships with people half of the time, so why not have her best friend drink mimosas with her as she waits?

Both decided to get ready together, that being Jieum's house this time. Right now, Jieum wraps her gold bangle bracelet around her wrist to complete her attire.

"This Wednesday." Jieum replies.

"Cool. For how long?" Sohee asks again.

"Just a night. It's only a photoshoot- no, babes, silver's better on that dress." Jieum answers whilst giving her suggestion for Sohee's choice of her earrings.

"Thanks, okay. A night only? So no time for yourself there, then." Sohee hums, puckering her lips.

"Not that I planned to, anyway. It's just work that I'm going to that island for." Jieum sighs, no excitement lacing through her veins.

"What if, I go to Jeju with you? Would that convince your manager to let you stay with me in Jeju for a bit longer?" Sohee gasps lightly as she comes up with a nice plan.

"I don't know. I have a fitting the next day I get back and I don't think they can reschedule that for me." Jieum says in quite a sceptical tone.

"Okay, whatever, but we have to go on another trip together soon before I leave for Malta." Sohee points at her before scurrying off to the bathroom.

"You're going to fucking Malta?" Jieum scoffs. Sohee hasn't told her about this, so it came off as quite a surprise.

A knock on the door puts a halt in their chat. Jieum goes over to see who it is, and her face falls flat when she comes to face with a tall figure. Jongseong stands in a casual silk black buttoned shirt and pants with grey blazers, looking neat and proper as he too has to go to the event.

"It's you. What is it?" Jieum's eyes are narrow as she greets him unwelcomingly.

"Sim Jaeyun is asking for Jeong Sohee downstairs. He said you have to be there in thirty minutes." Jongseong informs her, passing on what the man he just had a short interaction with outside said to him.

"Great, thanks." Jieum replies and closes the door in front of his face. She turns around to meet a witness, Sohee.

"Your boyfriend's here." Jieum wryly laughs and takes her purse from her bed.

"I heard. Hey, you've told your man about going to Jeju? Cause, whether you like it or not, he's coming with ya." Sohee tells her, looking at the back of her dress through the mirror one last time.

Jieum remains silent for a while because she has, in fact, not told Jongseong anything about Jeju at all. She was- she tried to, but she never really got it out of her tongue.

"No, because, yeah, no. I will! I will tonight or tomorrow." Jieum tries to brush it off and goes out of her bedroom, with Sohee closing it behind.