- 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Third person.

A rising model in her early twenties, Moon Jieum, walks towards the entrance of the prominent nightclub in the city. Just like every other night, she goes here, a long line awaits her outside, but who is she to wait along with them?

"Excuse me. Hey? Move please." She squints out a smile at the person who didn't mean to block her way.

Reaching the front which it's guarded by security, she lowers her sunglasses to the bridge of her nose. Needless to say, he retracts the stanchion for her to enter.

"Enjoy your time, Miss Moon."

"Thanks!" She chirps, patting his shoulder for his good work and scoffing at the objections she heard from the people outside who saw how she used her privilege.

With her chin up, she wears her signature sly smile as everyone takes a look at her. Ah, she feels flattered. Everything about herself really is a blessing.

She doesn't reciprocate the gapes being given, and instead walks straight to the VIP, where she knows somebody has been waiting for her late coming.

"Jieum! There you are!" Her best girl she's been best friends with since who knows when, Cheon Sohee, greets her with a tight hug. Jieum wraps her arm around her for a solid second, her eyes keeping an eye on the cocktail in Sohee's other hand with how rashly she was holding it.

"I've been waiting for you all by myself forever. What's up?" She asks and offers the chair next to her.

"I had to be held back to talk about a magazine cover photoshoot which is said to be published next month. The location site's in Jeju, and Dad already knows about it." Jieum sits down, placing her purse on her lap. She orders a glass of martini to the bartender she sees on the way.

"Good for you, babe. I was going to ask if you wanna go to Jeju for a mini vacation, but you're already going there anyway." Sohee rolls her eyes.

"We've both been there so many times. Though if you want to go there again, ask your boyfriend, then?" Jieum suggests, her eyebrow raising as she takes a sip of her drink.

"Right, I could. Though, you and I haven't been hanging out as much as before because of our tight schedules. So can we please go somewhere else if not in Jeju?" Sohee implores, feigning a sulking face which Jieum doesn't buy.

"If I may recall, at times the two of us are free, you spend it with your boyfriend instead of me." Jieum deadpans. Her best friend could only be flustered as she knew she was right.

"Sorry, sorry, that's what happens when you get a loving and wealthy boyfriend. You can't relate because you're so anti-romantic." Sohee rubs off, provoking the other.

"I'm not anti-romantic! I just don't need anyone. And besides, I am rich." Jieum points to herself with much pride.

"Boo, seriously, even your father's telling you to get a partner already. And as your best friend, I'm trying to help you go on blind dates and find you a man around your ideal type, but you keep refusing!" Sohee grits, poking her shoulder for every word.

"Stop it! I'm telling you, I don't want a boyfriend! I'm not looking for a partner at the current moment." Jieum slaps her finger away, her glare giving notice to the latter to just stop talking.

"You've been saying that for years ever since we were still in college. People who don't know you as much as I do think you're the type of girl who dates different guys every week because of your status. Little do they know, all you had was one ex-boyfriend back in high school!" Sohee exclaims. Jieum isn't necessarily listening to what she's saying, but her last statement made her give her a side glance.

Because that wasn't exactly right.

"He wasn't my boyfriend, you know that." Jieum corrects her, muttering it.

"Wow, you made my point worse. I'm starting to think he's the reason why you're still single. You can't be waiting for him to come back after he left you without even breaking up. He just vanished to thin air." Sohee groans in response.

"He took off to America- good God, can we not talk about that guy anymore? I stopped thinking about him ages ago. You need to stop meddling about my love life unless you want me to leave you here." Jieum threatens with a whine.

"Non-existent love life, you mean? But alright, I'm shutting my mouth." Sohee does it by shutting herself with her drink, relieving Jieum.

"Come on, let's go dance." One says, pulling the other up from her seat to leave their VIP table and go to the dance floor.

Jieum didn't bring her drink, but Sohee did. While Sohee tries to finish her cup while walking to be able to dance, her eyes dart to a masculine figure behind the girl, accidentally choking due to shock. Jieum gets startled, and yet as she grabs a tissue napkin from her purse to help the coughing girl out, she knows there's someone behind her.

"Hi-"

"What?" Jieum's head turns to face a guy, with quite a disturbance in her tone.

Despite the immediate observance of how attractive, neat, and rich-looking this man is, Jieum has always stuck to her 'I don't need a boyfriend' agenda. Therefore, knowing this guy is interested in her through his cocky smirk and lewd eyes, she remains unaffected.

"I saw you the moment you walked in a while ago and I must say, you're stunning. Do you mind if we dance? Or a drink-"

"No. I'm not available. Go." She cuts him, not wanting to hear the same thing she's always heard from guys who want her so suddenly.

"What? Come on-"

"Dude, don't test me right now." Jieum shakes her head and looks at him with a warning. The silence she gave him after was enough to make him back out.

"Alright! Let's get you twirling." Sohee cackles nervously, bringing her to the middle of the dance floor.

The recent happening was washed off Jieum's mind later in seconds. With thoughts of nothing but the lively disco music and people dancing around them under the mirrorball, perhaps her mood has gotten a little bit better thanks to Sohee's a bit too-energetic moves.

Life is too good for her right now, and she won't allow another guy to enter her life and break it just to ruin her fun.

As she said, she doesn't need anyone. Not even him.

━━━━━━━━━━

I couldn't wait any longer so here's
the first chapter (っˆヮˆ)っ hope you'll
love Jieum~

Writing this story is surely going to be a
challenge for me so hopefully I'll do well
and know what I'm doing HAHSHAHSH