♡18♡

✧✧✧

It was Brenda.

She looked at me coldly. "Come in."

Sophia's mother wrapped a blanket around my shoulders. My teeth were clattering against each other.

"You must be so cold, Soph run a hot bath for her."

Sophia went up to do as her mother had said, I gave a loud sneeze.

"Oh my, you must have caught a cold. Brenda please take her up let me check and see if I have some drugs for cold." Sophia mum left.

Brenda said nothing but started for the stairs, I had no choice but to follow her. I could feel myself burning up, I had always been prone to having cold. My vision felt blurry and then went dark.

When I opened my eyes I was faced with Brenda's worried face.

"You're awake! Are you okay? How's your leg? Are you still cold?" She bursted out.

And I laughed. Typical Brenda.

"I'm okay."

"You were walking right behind me and the next thing I know I see you slumped on the stairs." So I had passed out.

"You made everyone worried..." She looked at me. "I was worried about you."

I tried to stand up but I felt a sharp pain, I screamed in pain.

Brenda grimaced. "Right, when you passed out you may have twisted your ankle but fear not, it's not dislocated or broken. You'll get better with time."

Sophia's mum came into the room. "Oh you're awake, thank goodness, I was beginning to wonder if I should call a doctor. You were burning up all night thanks to Brenda who stayed by your side all night."

Sophia's mum left the room. I looked at Brenda but she was looking at the floor.

I grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry Brenda, I know I've said that for a dozen time but I truly mean it."

She was silent for a long time. "Why didn't you tell me that he was your ex?"

"I... I was afraid that I would make things awkward."

"Still, you should have told me. Unless you still like him." She searched my face. I opened my mouth to tell her that I do not like Clyde but the words won't come out.

Then it hit me.

I was still very much in love with the asshole.

"I thought so. And you had sex with him?"

I looked down shamefully. "Just once."

Brenda sighed. "To be honest, I was really pissed at you but I really missed you. I...I think it's going to take some time for me to patch up."

I nodded in understanding.

Time flew, Brenda was back to our room. Things were still sometimes awkward between us but at least we were talking now. I had to repair my phone as water had entered inside the screen. After the repair I realized that for some reason all my WhatsApp messages had wiped out.

Mira, Brenda and I were at home on a Saturday afternoon lazing around when Brenda popped the question.

"What's going to happen between you and Clyde? He likes you."

I snorted. "He doesn't. He has a fiancée."

Brenda gasped in horror. "Are you serious?"

I nodded. "While we were dating I received a call from an unknown number calling me a slut. I was confused. Then the girl, Jane, introduced herself as Clyde's fiancée. I found it unbelievable so I bashed her but she insisted that I checked out Clyde on Google. Ranting about how he was a womanizer and all that, I ended the call of course thinking I had run into a crazy person."

I took a deep breath and continued. "But then I had gotten curious so I searched Clyde Perkson on Google and there it came out. I quote 'Clyde Perkson son of billionaire businessman Henry Perkson engaged to Jane Henshaw.'"

"I can't believe Clyde is such an asshole." Brenda said looking like energy had been drained out of her.

A knock resounded on the door. Mira stood up to open the door. She turned to the both of us and said with the door still opened. "Speaking of the devil. The asshole is here."

Brenda and I looked at each other, we nodded in understanding and we both went to the door together.

The three of us stood akimbo in front of him. He was looking tired, a few stubbles on his jaw.

"Soma didn't you see my text?" He asked not looking intimidated.

"Which one?" I asked coldly.

"The last one I sent explaining everything."

I probably didn't see it because my messages wiped out.

"I don't care about what you have to say." I told him.

He looked me in the eye. "Please let's talk."

Without a word I jammed the door on his face.

✧✧✧