prologue

prologue˚✧ ₊˚ʚ

prologue
˚✧ ₊˚ʚ

yunjin couldn't believe what she was hearing from her parents. a mixture of disbelief, anger, and hurt washed over her, causing her face to contort with raw emotion. her plumped lips curled into a scoff, a feeling of frustration and disbelief at their words that seem to have spilled so easily onto her as if she was nothing.

yunjin's eyes widened as the words sank in, "are you fucking kidding me?" she pushed out, her voice tinged with a mixture of shock and the urge to let out a laugh. her minds way of telling her that it was beyond anything that she could have ever imagined.

her father stood stern, the look of pure disgust and hatred laced deep in his wrinkle sunken face. yunjin had never been looked at with such disgust, her heart slowly sinking as the man that once loved her come to conclusion of what sins his own daughter had been committing under his very own roof.

"don't you dare use that language in this household huh yunjin, it's already bad enough that you're a faggot, but cursing?" he sneered, each word piercing further and further into yunjins chest, "you're coming to church with us tomorrow morning, and that's final." he spat, pushing past his daughter.

"you can't make me." she whispered out, her tear stained eyes looking up to meet with his cold ones, the same ones that used to cherish her as if she was the only thing that mattered, now mixed with hatred and pure pain. "i can't control who i love dad..." she whispered out, her teeth sinking into her bottom teeth in an attempt to stop the oncoming sob from escaping, "i can't just go suck up to a preacher and pray for the gay to escape my body!" she yelled out, the words laced with malice.

a stinging sensation radiated across her cheek as the words fell out of her mouth, a slight gasp escaping her lips as the reality of what he had done to her. a flash of pain and hurt embodied across her face, her eyes falling to the ground. "you hit me..." she whispered out, her fingers lightly grazing against the stinging sensation. the mark already deepening into a crimson bloodshot red, most likely forming into a deep purple later into the night.

"yunjin..." her father whispered out, pure shock laced the tip of his tongue as the realization of what he had done embodied him. he has never hit anyone in his entire life, but the thought of his only daughter being gay; he just couldn't have her destroying his status within the tight knit community they lived in.

"you hit me..." she whispered out again, a piece of her did not want to believe what had happened, a false hope that it was just a dream-a nightmare even. "i hate you." she whispered, her voice threatening to unleash every single emotion she was holding back.

yunjin's tears streamed down her face as she quickly turned and ran to her room, desperate to escape the emotional turmoil of hurtful words that had been thrown at her within the last few minutes. her frail fingers shut the door to her bedroom, immediately locking the door behind her.

as she leaned against the wooden frame of the door, her body slid down to the floor, yunjin couldn't hold back the flood of sobs any longer. her fingers tangled in her long hair, a desperate attempt to calm the rising panic and slow her rapid breathing-which to no avail failed miserably.

she didn't know where it had went wrong, how he found out, how her secret had been exposed to the one place that was supposed to be her safe haven, she had been so careful with the people she had been with and she never expected them to actually out her for a simple one night stand.

it was never supposed to happen like this, she had it all planned out in her mind. "why.." she whispered out to the emptiness of her room, she didn't know why she hoped that someone would say something, she just yearned for the feeling of SOMETHING to happen after the unfold of events earlier.

she let her body make contact with her wooden floors, the coldness of them sending soft shivers down her spine as her skin brushed softly against the material. "it wasn't supposed to be like this." she whispered out, letting her eyes close.