Chapter 4: Chica's Failure

Start from the beginning

"THAT is one impressive boy..." Monty gasped.

"MONTGOMERY GATOR! How dare you compliment the ENEMY!" Vanny yelled. Her icy voice, yet burning with passion, frightened Monty into uncharacteristic silence. He quickly picked up the limp animatronic by the feet and dragged her up the stairs. Roxy snatched Chica's Endoskeleton casing from the ground and followed Monty up the stairs.He was strong enough to hold her himself, but Roxy rushed over to Monty to hold Chica's head up. She slipped the casing onto Chica's head before the two walked to the elevator. However, Vanny stopped them.

"Monty, you go on alone. You're strong enough. Roxy, I have a job for you," Vanny commanded. She dropped Chica's head and stared at Vanny, awaiting her next command.

"What do you require?" Roxy inquired.

"Is there any scent of the boy?"

"Let me smell... yes, I smell blood. It runs up the stairs, but not the elevator," Roxy replied. This meant that Gregory did not go upstairs just yet. He was also injured!

"Find him. I will deal with Freddy."

~~~

Gregory woke up half an hour after he fell asleep to the sound of whining and yelling. These cries were of frustration, judging by the tone. Tiredly, Gregory rubbed his eyes and shook his head. That bed was the most comfortable thing he slept on in years. But he needed to get over himself. He needed to find out what was going with those screams.

"What is going on?" Gregory mumbled.

"What do you mean, Superstar? Is there a problem? You were gone for a while, so I assume you were sleeping," Freddy said through the FazWatch.

"Well, I heard a frustrated yell somewhere outside the door. I don't think it was from Vanessa or Chica. It wasn't Monty, either. Too feminine," Gregory replied.

"Well, then. It was most likely Roxy Wolf you heard. Her programming forbids her from entering the male lavatories unless no one else is available, or if it's an emergency situation. The same thing applies to me and Monty, for the female lavatories. Now, there is only one reason I believe she is trying to enter, and that is to get you," Freddy explained.

"Okay, I'm getting tired of this! I almost died like FIVE times tonight. How's your recharge coming along?" Gregory asked.

"My recharge... it has just completed! I will come to you now. Give me a few minutes and we will be on our way back to my Green Room. That is the LAST place they will think to look, considering they think we are on the move," Freddy exclaimed. Gregory sighed out of relief.

"Thank goodness! Okay, I'll be ready," Gregory replied. Gregory gathered his belongings and briefly explored the room he was in. Eventually, Freddy turned up. He ran through the Boy's Bathroom and into the infirmary in a heartbeat. He saw Gregory hanging out by the bed he slept on. Both of them exhaled out of relief from seeing the other.

"Gregory, you are okay! What a relief. It's been nearly an hour here and you only have a little more than five hours before we can get you out. Climb into my Chest Cavity and we can return. Roxy is not far. She can easily catch you, but cannot destroy me," Freddy said.

"Okay then. Let's get this over with," Gregory agreed. Freddy opened his stomach hatch and kneeled down so Gregory could climb inside. When he finally did, Freddy closed his chest compartment. However, just as they stepped out of the Boy's Bathroom and into the lobby, the lights to the entire building shut off.

"Oh, NO! I forgot about the end-of-hour recharges! Gregory, listen to me. At the last ten minutes of every hour at night, most the power to the building is diverted to the recharge station. When that happens, the lights turn off. When THAT happens, the Daycare Attendant is free to roam the building. He will NOT spare animatronic or human, with exception to the Nightguard or any employees. I am confident his night mode had been overridden like Chica," Freddy exclaimed.