Chapter 3: Escapists

Michael's pov

I'm about to die from Carla of all people, when Alex saves me. I've always kinda had a little crush on him and this makes me have more than a little now.

Nighttime hits and everyone goes outside quietly. We run into a few zombies that were no problem.

Eugene: Zombies! We're right here! Come get us!

Everyone looks at Eugene mortified. Zombies chase us and we book it.

Alex's pov
We run as fast as we can and hear screaming. I look behind to see Aldrin getting ripped apart. We head over to a nearby classroom where other students are. I tell them open the door and they do. Once we get inside, everyone is fuming mad at Eugene.

Alex: You raggedy bitch!

Eugene: Haha! Oops. My bad.

Alex: Why are you acting like this is a game! It's not, it's a life or death situation and Aldrin bit the dust.

Trisha and Shakira hold Kisha and I so we don't rip Eugene apart.

Mark punches Eugene and we tape his mouth. The other students look shocked and we explain what happened. We decide to leave with the other students and nothing goes wrong this time.

We're at the entrance when Eugene decides to step on Kyla's toe. She screams alerting zombies which makes the group split up.

Alex's pov

I run once zombies get to us and I end up with Kian and Joshua.

Trisha's pov

After Eugene splits everyone up, I end up with Michael, Chloe and Noralyn.

Airesh's pov

Eugene is such a bitch and now because of him, everyone is split up. Luckily I'm not alone and I'm with Julia, Andrea, Jack and Zhad.

We camp in a nearby forest. Julia, Andrea and I set our temporary home while Zhad, Jack and Mark look for food. I wonder what happened to the others.

Alex's pov

We explore the woods and see Darene
and Aljhon. We end up camping outside the forest. Darene, Aljhon and Kian stay at our camp while Joshua and I look for the others.

We go deeper in the forest and see Trisha, Michael, Chloe and Noralyn. All of us go back to the camp and see Gabriella and Ethan with the rest of the group.