CHAPTER 47! and cherry wanted to rip that thought from his mind

Start from the beginning

percy introduced himself, too. mrs chase told him she'd heard a lot about him, which made cherry a little annoyed.

she was quick to snap out of it when she remembered it was annabeth they were talking about.

professor chase was in the middle of giving them a military history lesson when thalia told him that annabeth was in danger.

they told him eveyrhting as the afternoon light began to fade. they told him that they needed transport. professor chase offered to drive, but it wasn't a place for mortals.

he gave in, and just let them take the car.

cherry thanked annabeth's dad and her stepmom, and the group began their journey once more. they had less than an hour to save annabeth.

to make things worse, the car ride seemed to go by so slowly. cherry's thoughts, for the first time ever, passed slowly. the mist was so strong.

she felt kind of nice.

until her and her friends noticed luke's cruise ship. they would not be alone.

a second later, thalia slammed down on the breaks, and shoved all of her friends out of the car. ightning flashed, and dr. chase's volkswagen erupted.

a kid would perish at the hand of their parent. would zeus destroy thalia?

zoe led the group straight into the fog. they didn't have time to think things through. percy kept his hand in cherry's, so they wouldn't get lost.

« ───── « ʚɞ » ───── »

besides the dragon, the garden was a beautiful place. the grass shimmered with silvery evening light, and the flowers were such brilliant colors they almost glowed in the dark.

stepping stones of polished black marble led around either side of a five-story-tall apple tree, every bough glittering with golden apples.

"they're so pretty. i want one so bad. get me one." cherry motioned to percy.

percy eyed the dragon coiled around the tree. it was asleep, but still terrifying.

"uh.. i can try." percy said.

"the apples of immortality," thalia explained. "hera's wedding gift from zeus."

tthere was a beautiful, eerie singing, like voices from the
bottom of a well. percy reached for riptide, but zoe stopped his hand.

four figures shimmered into existence, four young women who looked very much like zoe. they all wore white greek chitons, silky black hair tumbled loose around their
shoulders.

percy thought about how beautiful zoe was, and cherry wanted to rip that thought from his mind.

"sisters," zoe said.

"we do not see any sister," one of the girls said coldly. "we see two half-bloods, a god, and a hunter. all of
whom shall soon die."

"you've got it wrong." percy stepped forward. "nobody is going to die."

the girls studied him. they had eyes like volcanic rock, glassy and completely black.

"perseus jackson," one of them said.

"yes," mused another. "i do not see why he is a threat."

"he's not." cherry said.

her hand trailed into hers.

the first hesperid glanced behind her, toward the top of the mountain. "they fear thee. they are unhappy that this one has not yet killed thee." she pointed at thalia.