Chapter 22

Sidharth was sitting on a recliner sofa holding Prisha while Aparna was feeding her.

"Dadda...dadda..." Prisha sing sang.

"Yes, dadda ke bachche." Sidharth replied holding her carefully as she was being super active today.

"Aap" Prisha said pointing towards him.

"Mein bhi khaaun?" He asked.

"Aap." She repeated and lay her head on his chest.

"Lo Prisha ke Dadda." Aparna said while shoving a bite in his mouth. Seeing this Prisha became happy and started clapping.
Both Sidharth and Aparna felt content seeing her happy.

Just then Aditya entered and seeing him, she extended her arms.

"Sidharth laao mujhe do Prisha ko. Meri gudiya ko mere paas aana hai." Aditya said animatedly making Prisha shriek in happiness. Sidharth stood up and gave his place to Aditya while Aparna continued feeding her.

Sidharth went towards a photo frame and kissed it. Hugging the photo frame, he asked "Am I doing everything as you wanted?"

"Sidharth, we are sorry. Humne Prithvi ki saari photos andar rakha di thi. I couldn't see you suffer. Tere nightmares aur anxiety attacks. Mein darr gayi thi. Agar meri jagah Prithvi bhi hota toh vo tujhe suffer karte nahi dekhta. And humne pehle hi socha tha ki jaise hi tu thoda theek hoga hum tum doni ki sari memories ko unki jagah pe laga denge. Par phir tere Papa ka NGO wala kaam atka hua tha, usse complete karne mei time lag gaya. Ab hum tere paas hi hai. Sorry bachha." Aparna said when she saw him kissing Prithvi's photo.

"I know maa, aap meri bhalaai ke liye hi sab kar rahe the. Did I question you? Also, I understand ki vo NGO ke through aap kitne hi logo ki help kar rahe the. You couldn't simply leave them hanging." Sidharth replied taking her in a hug with one hand and clutching the photo frame in other.

"Umm...hmm. Mein kehta nahi tha Aparna ki isne hamesha se kitni hi mastiyan kari ho. Lekin apne bhai ki baat na maane, aisa ho hi nahi sakta. He has taken all his responsibilities." Aditya said.

"Yeh sahi kaha aapne, papa. I can never say NO to his orders. Unhone kaha karna matlab karna aur nahi karna matlab nahi karna." Sidharth said and suddenly Prisha started clapping making them divert their attention to her. She indeed was on Prithvi's side trying to cheer them and bring smile on their faces.

Outside the farmhouse was standing a nervous Shehnaaz fidgeting her fingers. Seeing her hesitation, Deep said "Shehnaaz hum tumhe sirf yahan tak laa sakte the vo humne kia, baat tumhe hi karni hogi. Baat bhi hum kar sakte hai par vo sahi nahi hoga. Tum dono ki baat hai aapas mai beith ke suljhaao."

"Mujhe darr lag raha hai. Vo gussa hoga na mujhse." Shehnaaz expressed her fear.

"Darr lag raha hai toh face it. Gussa hai toh baat karo, apne insecurities share karo, uske fears jaano aur manao usse. Harr baar relationship mai 50-50 nahi hota. Kabhi aisi situations aa jaati hai jab aapko jyaada effort dene padte hai aur kayi baar aapke partner ko. And there is nothing wrong in this. Also, I am not telling this for abusive relationships." Deep explained to her in the simplest way he could.

"I will try my best." Shehnaaz said and hugged him.

"Dr. Sidharth hai kya ghar par?" A voice resonated in the drawing room of the Shukla farmhouse. Aditya, Aparna and Sidharth turned towards the source of voice.

Prisha stopped clapping, jumped from Aditya's hold to Sidharth's and put her tiny palms on Sidharth's eyes. Aparna and Aditya looked at each other in confusion and went towards the person while Sidharth was struggling with the little mischievous baby girl.

"Beta, I think you are mistaken. He doesn't work from here. Aap kal hospital mai mil lena." Aparna said sweetly.

"Namaste." She first joined her hands in front of Aparna and Aditya and then touched their feet. They were startled with such an action still they blessed her.

As she was coming back to her normal position, Sidharth came towards his parents and asked "Maa kon...." He couldn't complete his question when he saw the person in front of him. He kept looking at the person who had a gentle smile with moist eyes.

He was brought out of his trance by Aditya. "Sidharth, you know her?"

"Papa...I...vo I mean...She" Sidharth stammered and was interrupted by Shalini "Papa, aap aur Maa mere saath aao. Come Prisha, mere saath thoda time spend karo." Shalini took them out leaving Sidharth and Shehnaaz alone. She wanted to give them the time to solve the misunderstanding by talking.

"Sidharth". "Shehnaaz". Both whispered and longing could be felt in their voices.

Sidharth tried to say something but no word came out of his mouth. Shehnaaz went near him and placed her finger on his lips. Tears rolled out of their eyes. They attached their foreheads still looking at each other.

"I am s..sorry. I d...didn't mean to hurt you. I cannot even think of doing it." Sidharth said in a voice which was laced with innocence.

"Nahi. I am sorry too. Mujhe bhi samjhna tha. Tujhse baat karti aakar. Tujhse questions karti. Bass bina bataye chhod gayi." Shehnaaz cried after saying this.

"Nahi, please tu ro mat. Teri jagah koi bhi hota toh yahi karta. Meri wajah se ro mat." Sidharth wiped her tears, kissed her forehead and hugged her.

"Nahi Sidharth. I understand tu bhi bandh gaya tha. You cannot ignore your brother's child. I completely understand. Par tujhe aisa kyu laga ki mujhe kabhi bhi Prisha se koi problem hogi. I have myself lived a life where my mother was snatched from me and my father abandoned me. Mein aisa nahi kar sakti. Tu bass itna trust kar mujh par." Shehnaaz explained him very lovingly.

"Darr gaya tha Shehnaaz. I was in doubt at first ki tujhe aisi responsibility mai kyu baandhu. But later I came to talk to you as well. Par late ho gaya tha mein, you had already left." Sidharth said still hugging her.

"Sidharth, tu ne mujh se kabhi bhi apna pain share kyu nahi kia? Maine toh tujhe sab bataya. Tu ne help bhi kari meri. You helped me come out of my pain. Phir kyu nahi bataya mujhe?" She asked as tears again rolled out of her eyes.

"I didn't know how to Shehnaaz. Maine aaj tak jo bhi share kia vo Bhai se kia. Mumma-Papa se bhi share nahi karta tha. It's not that I don't trust them but phir bhi sirf Bhai ko batata tha jo bhi ho. So, I don't know how to share my feelings with anybody else." Sidharth said honestly.

"Par aise kaise chalega Sidharth?" Shehnaaz asked with a wearied voice.

"Tu sikha na. Tu sikha dena par ab maaf karde. Nahi ho raha aur. Itna dhunda tujhe par tu toh gayab hi ho gayi." Sidharth said holding her face in his arms.

"Nahi hun gussa. Tu ro mat please, mujhe achha nahi lag raha hai." Shehnaaz said and made him sit with her. They talked and solved their misunderstanding due to lack of communication. They didn't realized that it was almost an hour of them talking. But what they didn't talk was about their relationship status.

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : - Namaste everyone. Read and enjoy.

You can also share your viewpoints on how the story is going on and what do you think will happen in the upcoming chapters?

{Published on : Monday, 15 April 2024}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya