Chapter 19

"Maa, mein aaj yahi ruk jaaun? Mujhe Prisha ke saath time spend karna hai." Shalini asked hesitantly.

"Of course bache. Why are you asking? Isn't this your house? And even she needs her mother." Aparna said pointing towards Prisha who was feeling sleepy but still wanted to play with Sidharth.

Sidharth looked at his mother and Shalini. But he didn't spoke a word. Though he wanted to confront Shalini, as a single truth from her have upturned many lives in the past few months.

Shalini came towards Sidharth while typing something in her mobile. Sitting beside him, she asked Prisha "Aaja baby mumma ke paas. Mein sulaayun meri baby ko aaj?"

Sidharth muttered, "Realising her duty after so many months." However, this was heard by Shalini whose eyes were now filled with tears. Seeing Shalini in such a state, Aparna said "Sidharth, nahi. Don't say such things."

"Sidharth, I know we are not in good terms now. But there was a time we used to hang out together. Please for those times sake aise mat baat karo. I am sorry for whatever I did. First hiding about Prisha, then suddenly revealing about her to you and even getting married to someone. You know I didn't wanted to, par papa wasn't well. His BP was shooting high. And he even got a minor heart attack." Shalini explained her side of the truth.

"Shalini and Sidharth, you both don't start now. Prisha is sleepy. Shalini, take her to your room." Aparna said.

Shalini tried to take Prisha but she snuggled in Sidharth's chest.
"Prisha, please baby." Shalini requested with a choked voice, seeing her daughter not willing to come to her.

Sidharth felt bad seeing her broken so he interrupted, "Prisha, baby go to your mumma. Meri baat nahi maanega mera baby."
Prisha looked as if she was listening to him very keenly then shaking her head she rested herself on his chest. Sidharth looked at Shalini . She left to her room crying over her fate which snatched everything from her.

Sidharth stood up and followed her. Knocking Shalini's room he entered after he got her permission. He laid a sleepy yet overexcited Prisha on her bed and sat beside her. He while patting Prisha signalled Shalini to sleep beside her. Shalini did as said. Replacing his palm he put Shalini's palm on Prisha who started patting her. He stood up and left the room leaving the mother-daughter duo.

Shalini on seeing Prisha latching on to her thumb started breastfeeding her. Now Prisha made no move to free herself from Shalini. After all, she is her mother who is breastfeeding her. Can there be a greater gift than this for infants? It is a blessing for both mother and child.

Shalini weeped silently. She was happy that her daughter is again bonding with her. She felt sorry for leaving her when she needed her the most. But even she is a daughter to someone. Her father's health was deteriorating. She did what he wanted for her. She married the man of his choice. But then she realized she was doing wrong to one more person, her husband. She was paying no attention to him and was focussed only on her daughter for which he never complained. But her conscience was pricking her that she is doing wrong to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Just as she was thinking all this, her phone pinged. She smiled seeing her husband's message. She called him and said, "Khaa lia maine khaana. Did you eat?"

"Yes." The man replied. "What are you doing now? Can I see you?" He asked after a brief pause.

"Hmm." She replied and picked up his video call.

"She is such a cutie. Isse ghar par lekar aa na." The man said watching Prisha latching to the nipple as if she were hungry for ages.

Prisha on hearing a new voice looked at the phone. She knew this man but not that much that she could recall who he is and talk to him freely. She raised her eyebrows as if asking him to repeat what he just said.