Chapter 9

She cried and cried and then finally she slept in his embrace. He let her cry as she needed to. But he wondered "How could her father turn so indifferent towards his own daughter who was his aankhon ka tara before that fateful day? Was it her fault that his wife is not with him? Of course not. She behaved like any other child. But he behaved like a foolish person. How would he face his wife who would look at him with accusing eyes for abandoning their lovely daughter." Shrugging these thoughts aside and leaving all this upon her mother to deal with, he lifted her and took her in her room.

She slept peacefully. Maybe the peace was there because she has someone with her today when she broke down.

Sidharth slept in her room remembering her panic attack. But not to make her uncomfortable he took the couch.

Next day, Shehnaaz was woken up by the sunlight that was irritating her. As she woke up, she saw Sidharth doing all this to irritate her.

"Yeh kyu kia aapne? I was sleeping na. Kitni achhi neend aa rahi thi mujhe." She said like a grumpy kid with the signature pout.

"I am sorry ma'am to wake you up from such a peaceful sleep. But we need to go to clinic." He said looking at her lovingly.

"Mein kaha ma'am. Mein toh aapki P.A. hun. Ma'am toh aap ho." She said only to realise what she has blabbered. "Nahi...sorry sorry. Mera matlab aap sir ho." she said looking down feeling embarrassed of herself.

He saw this and laughed hard. She looked up at him and then heard him say, "Cute."

"Hein sachi. Mein aapko cute lagi. Aap gussa nahi ho na. Galti se muh se nikal gaya tha." She asked.

"Nahi baba. Faltu ka stress mat le. Chal jaldi tayyar ho jaa. Sorry, tayyar ho jao. Phir breakfast karke chalte hai." He said.

"Koi na aap tu bula sakte ho. Mujhe bura nahi laga. Aur apna sa feel aaya." She said to him. He nodded and left her room.

While getting ready, Shehnaaz was smiling as she remembered how he took care of her, trusted her, comforted her and kept holding her tight while she was sharing her past.

After breakfast, they both left for work. But Shehnaaz suddenly became conscious under the questioning looks of her colleagues. There were rumours by some people that they both come and go together. But today most of them have seen it.

Sidharth understood it so he told all the employees to get back to their work instead of spying on him.

Sidharth took Shehnaaz with him and told him, "See stop bothering yourself with these people. I will talk to you today after lunch at home. Abhi fatafat se mujhe schedule batao. And make sure it is half day for me today. Okay."

She nodded and then began narrating his schedule from her tablet. While leaving the cabin she said, "Batao nahi bata. It will make me feel more close to you."

He smiled and thought, "Atleast I am that one person jiske saamne yeh bol rahi hai. Pehle toh gussa hoti hai ab she is opening up. In either of the situations, she is speaking. And that is what I want. If she feels apnapan with tu instead of tum, I will go with what she prefers. Par sabse pehle mera concern hai to see what medicines she has been taking during her attacks till now."

"Shehnaaz abhi sun galat mat lena. But tell me honestly if you are taking any medicines for panic attacks" Sidharth asked.

"Umm yes. I do take some. Sleeping pills." she answered.

"Show me" he demanded and she followed his order.

"Dekh yeh bahut high dose hai. It will harm you in long run." he said after checking her medicines. He then continued after a brief pause, "Any other medicines?"

"Umm...yes. I have anti-anxiety pills when I get an anxiety attack and anti depressants also." She replied hesitantly.

"Give" he said curtly.

He saw the pills and asked her sternly "Who prescribed these?"

"Vo anti-anxiety toh school time mai ek doctor ne prescribe kari thi. Aur yeh sleeping pills and anti-depressants maine online check kar ke mangwayi thi." She replied fearing him as she sensed his foul mood on seeing these pills.

"Are you mad? Deemag hai ya bech aayi hai usse. Yeh sleeping pills and anti-depressants ki dose itni high hai ki ab mein ekdum se yeh band bhi nahi kar sakta. Agar tujhe doctor ban na hi tha toh padh-likh ke banti na. Yeh online dekh ke khud ko doctor samjhne lagi." He screamed and she flinched hearing his tone. He saw this and took high breaths to calm himself and then went near her to which she again flinched. He cursed himself for losing his calm but he was angry on her for such negligence and stupidity. He hugged her and caressed her back to relax her. He felt that she was weeping hiding her face in his chest so he tried to see her face to which she protested in vain.

"Daanta" she said sobbing.

"Nahi daanta sachi. I was tensed na." He defended himself.

"Nahi jhhute ho aap. Daanta aapne mujhe. Mai baat nahi karungi" saying this she hugged him again and started crying profusely.

"Okay fine. I am sorry. Bass. Please rona band kar. Don't cry. I won't repeat it again." He said hugging her tight.

She shook her head denying to forgive him.

"Please" he requested.

She looked at him and said pointing her index finger, "Yeh first aur last time tha jab aapne mujhe daanta. Aage se kabhi nahi. Okay."

He accepted her command and then tucked her in bed patting her head. She slept holding his one hand in both her hands keeping it close to her heart. After she slept, he stood up and went to the couch.

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : - Namaste everyone. Apologies for slow, extremely slow updates. But it is not in my hands anymore. Enjoy reading and correct my mistakes, if any.🙂

Did you like the little progress in Shehnaaz's condition?

What can be done to improve her condition? Give a few suggestions.

Also, I am not sure whether I mentioned it anywhere in previous chapters or not but can you identify what is the condition (with the female lead) called?

{Published on : Sunday, 6 November 2022}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya